8 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Toneguzzo

Rob Toneguzzo
  • Members
  • 1,507 posts
  • Interests:Bladesmithing, Bowhunting, Dogs, Fishing, Art

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:08 AM

Hi Guys,

Took this pic from my work window. Wet season is here early.

Attached Images

• 2016-11-28 13.14.50.png

• Howie likes this
"Old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes" - Tom HALL - Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon wine.

.https://www.facebook.com/Workhorse-Forge

#2 C Craft

C Craft
  • Members
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Family and especially my grandson! Building knives is becoming a passion with me. Outdoors in general, hunting fishing.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:54 AM

What an awesome catch! 

C Craft Customs ~~~ With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down ! If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner! ~~~ C Craft

#3 Jason McEntee

Jason McEntee
  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Eating, medieval weapons, eating, the outdoors, eating, knife making, and eating.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:55 PM

Wow, great shot!

Edited by Jason McEntee, 03 December 2016 - 12:56 PM.

#4 Austin_Lyles

Austin_Lyles
  • Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:06 PM

Batton down the hatches. :P Lightning is difficult to catch. Great shot!

#5 Joshua States

Joshua States

Wait a minute.....what?

• Members
  • 1,152 posts
  • Interests:Making stuff, hunting, rock climbing, philosophy, general adventure seeker.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:29 PM

Good pic! Nice view too!

I can hear Jimmy Buffet in the background......... ;)

Edited by Joshua States, 03 December 2016 - 05:30 PM.

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. Live, and die, on this day.

Josh

http://www.dosgatosdesignsllc.com/#!

#6 Wes Detrick

Wes Detrick
  • Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Drawing, Smithing and IT

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:22 PM

Talk about great timing.  Nice one Rob

In the middle of winter I at last discovered that there was in me an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

http://www.krakenforge.net/

#7 Rob Toneguzzo

Rob Toneguzzo
  • Members
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:14 PM

Lightning was hitting all over the place every few seconds......I did cheat though and must confess....I filmed about 30 seconds on my phone and then screenshot the bolt from the video.....got about 4 good shots...worked well though. Sometimes when I'm board I watch tornados on YouTube...I think those things are completely terrifying. We get cyclone warnings every year but when one hits it is just a huge storm that is all around....a Tornado for me is so scary because you can see it.
"Old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes" - Tom HALL - Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon wine.

#8 Hoy's Forge

Hoy's Forge
  • Members
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:Preaching, Gospel Bluegrass & Celtic Music ,military history , bladesmithing , knife making ,Leatherwork, muzzeloading and every art form that can be possibly connected to the above , and some that ain't www.hoy'sforge.com

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:49 AM

Well if you hadn't spilled the beans I was gonna say you had impeccable timing ! Awesome photo anyway. LOL  Wet season? You poor dear.  Yesterday we had a high temp of 15 f and today it was  67f ! Wind is howling right now at  45mph and warm as toast somthin bad is blowin in! Enjoy them wet palm trees Rob and think nice thoughts about us untropical folks on the other side of this here planet.  :D

www.hoyfamily.net

Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. Lu 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Mr 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

#9 Rob Toneguzzo

Rob Toneguzzo
  • Members
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:56 PM

Rain rain and rain here Ron. So glad I now have a gas forge as the fires used to run cold this time of year unless I stocked up during the dry. It is a funny place here..fires rip through in the dry ( I just walk out back with big bags and collect coal ) and rain in the wet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users