Infra-red game cam

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Crocker

Tim Crocker
  • Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:52 PM

Taken Christmas night 2016 outside of my back fence. Infra-red game camera at night. Healthy coyotes in my area.

Attached Images

• 2016-12-28 13.53.09.jpg

Edited by Tim Crocker, 30 December 2016 - 07:17 AM.

Crocker Knives

#2 C Craft

C Craft
  • Members
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Family and especially my grandson! Building knives is becoming a passion with me. Outdoors in general, hunting fishing.

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:58 PM

Yep he is checking out his next meal!! There was a show a while back where they set up night vision cameras in the burp. You would be surprised if you don't know a yote's habits, for taking full advantage of a pet for a meal!!

• Tim Crocker likes this

C Craft Customs ~~~ With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down ! If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner! ~~~ C Craft

#3 Austin_Lyles

Austin_Lyles
  • Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:33 PM

Being out in the middle of no-where, coyotes are a common thing. The neighbor's dog "mysteriously" disappeared, but everyone knows what happened...😆 Funny enough, I like them because it makes me feel at home when I hear emm howling and "talking" at night.

Edited by Austin_Lyles, 29 December 2016 - 11:34 PM.

#4 Tim Crocker

Tim Crocker
  • Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:35 AM

I only have one dog. She's not aware she's a dog and doesn't spend nights outside so I don't have to worry about her. They roam my area in packs of 8 to 10. A couple of the pics from that night have three in the frame.
Crocker Knives

#5 Don Abbott

Don Abbott
  • Members
  • 807 posts
  • Interests:the Gospel, my wife, blacksmithing, bladesmithing, primitive archery, and F&I War reenactment

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

My blue healer has learned to accept them as one of his own. He used to get upset at the howling fits but now pretty much ignores them.

I'm the same. I used to carry a gun when I would walk after dark, but now I just coexist. I got rid of my cattle, so as long as they stay out of my yard we're cool.

That is one healthy looking coyote though.

• Tim Crocker likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users