Photo

Forum Upgraded

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 nprovos

nprovos
  • Super Administrators
  • 671 posts
  • Interests:computer and network security, blacksmithing, martial arts, and lots of reading.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I have upgraded the forum to the latest 3.4 version. I have also re-enabled Gallery as a place where you can upload photos. Let us know if you run into any issues.

Have a great weekend,

Niels.

#2 Ruben Delanghe

Ruben Delanghe
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

Thanks Niels!

Angered at his lack of success, Ilmarinen conjures the four winds to fan the flames. The winds blow for three days, until finally, the Sampo is born, taking the shape of a magic mill that produces grain, salt and gold.

#3 Caleb Harris

Caleb Harris
  • Members
  • 1,194 posts
  • Interests:Gems, Minerals, Bladesmithing, Archery, Metals, Violin, Writing, and my Savior.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:08 PM

Oh now that's awesome. Thank you!!
16 Year old bladesmith, looking to learn more and increase my skills and abilities.

#4 nprovos

nprovos
  • Super Administrators
  • 671 posts
  • Interests:computer and network security, blacksmithing, martial arts, and lots of reading.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

The gallery is an experiment. If it leads to too much disk space or bandwidth being used, we might have to turn it off again :-)

#5 C Craft

C Craft
  • Members
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Family and especially my grandson! Building knives is becoming a passion with me. Outdoors in general, hunting fishing.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:35 PM

Now that is cool. I am a member on another site and that is something I look at all the time! I love seeing all the pieces that others make! thumpsup.gif

The setup on the other forum only allows so many pics up at a time and basically every time you click on a thread and come back to the main page it is a different set of pics each time. I really like seeing this feature back up and running! Now everyone take care of it!!! slap.gif

Edited by C Craft, 27 March 2015 - 06:41 PM.

C Craft Customs ~~~ With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down ! If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner! ~~~ C Craft

#6 MLenaghan

MLenaghan
  • Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:11 PM

Thanks Niels, I could never see video links be for from my phone and now I can! :)

-Michael Lenaghan

#7 BCROB

BCROB
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:47 PM

Excellent , thanks !!

"Never Quit On Improving"

#8 Collin Miller

Collin Miller
  • Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • Interests:Bladesmithing, Norse mythology, knives, woodcarving, bow making, blacksmithing, Finnish mythology, Scandinavian history, whittling, good books, leather working, guns, ancient history, Celtic knotwork, drawing, archery, animals, hunting, shooting, making jewelry, swords of all kinds.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:17 PM

I didn't like it at first, but it's really growing on me!

Maybe an ignorant question, but how does one go about adding their pictures to the gallery? 

“If you trust in yourself. . . believe in your dreams. . . and follow your star. . . you will still get beaten by the people who have spent their time working hard and learning things, the people who weren't so lazy.” ~ Terry Pratchett

#9 DanM

DanM
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:33 PM

Click on "Gallery" tab at top of page,then click black "upload" button.

#10 Collin Miller

Collin Miller
  • Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • Interests:Bladesmithing, Norse mythology, knives, woodcarving, bow making, blacksmithing, Finnish mythology, Scandinavian history, whittling, good books, leather working, guns, ancient history, Celtic knotwork, drawing, archery, animals, hunting, shooting, making jewelry, swords of all kinds.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:03 PM

Click on "Gallery" tab at top of page,then click black "upload" button.

Thanks!

“If you trust in yourself. . . believe in your dreams. . . and follow your star. . . you will still get beaten by the people who have spent their time working hard and learning things, the people who weren't so lazy.” ~ Terry Pratchett

#11 James Spurgeon

James Spurgeon

Relax, I'm a Professional!

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Bladesmithing, Archery, Arms from nearly any period of history or geographic origin.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:46 PM

Well, I was loving the new upgrade, but now it won't let my tablet view the desktop version. I tried in the browser settings as well as the "Full version" button at the bottom of the page and neither seem to be working.
Any sugestions?
James

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. Except a creature be part coward it is not a compliment to say it is brave. ~Mark Twain

SageBrush BladeWorks (New website is in limbo...)

#12 nprovos

nprovos
  • Super Administrators
  • 671 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:11 PM

Please, try again. I made some "mobile" optimizations last night that seemed to have had the opposite effect.

Sorry,

Niels.

#13 Dennis Mitchell

Dennis Mitchell
  • Members
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:My family, Bladesmithing, picking guitar, fishing. Enjoy history. Amateur 2m ke5jbn

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:17 PM

Thanks, Niels. That worked to allow me to sign in on my android cell phone!
Appriciate all of the work you and the others put into keeping things running smooth!

Edited by Dennis Mitchell, 19 April 2015 - 11:02 PM.

#14 James Spurgeon

James Spurgeon

Relax, I'm a Professional!

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Bladesmithing, Archery, Arms from nearly any period of history or geographic origin.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:26 AM

Works again.
Thanks Niels!
James

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. Except a creature be part coward it is not a compliment to say it is brave. ~Mark Twain

SageBrush BladeWorks (New website is in limbo...)

#15 Jeroen Zuiderwijk

Jeroen Zuiderwijk
  • Members
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Bronze age, iron age, early medieval.

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:13 AM

Please, try again. I made some "mobile" optimizations last night that seemed to have had the opposite effect.

Sorry,

Niels.

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=a.offsetWidth&&0>=a.offsetHeight)return!1;a=this.j(a);var c=a.top.toString()+y+a.left.toString();if(this.b.hasOwnProperty©)return!1;this.b[c]=!0;return a.top<=this.c[p]&&a.left<=this.c[m]}; O[r].l=function(){for(var a=[F,G],c=[],d={},b=0;b{d=y+e(c[b]);if(131072=a[q]+d[q]&&(a+=d),b=!0);N.criticalImagesBeaconData=a;if( B){var c=this.d,b=this.f,l;if(f.XMLHttpRequest)l= new XMLHttpRequest;else if(f.ActiveXObject)try{l=new ActiveXObject©}catch(P){try{l=new ActiveXObject( B)}catch(Q){}}l&&(l.open(D,c+(-1==c.indexOf(z)?z:t)+L+e( B)),l.setRequestHeader(A,E),l.send(a))}}; O[r].h=function(){for(var a={},c=h.getElementsByTagName(F),d=0;d=a[b.src].n&&b[p]>=a[b.src].m)a[g]={renderedWidth:b[m],renderedHeight:b[p],originalWidth:b.naturalWidth,originalHeight:b.naturalHeight}}return a}; N.k=function(a,c,d,b,g){var k=new O(a,c,d,b,g);M(f,H,function(){f.setTimeout(function(){k.l()},0)})};N.criticalImagesBeaconInit=N.k;})(); pagespeed.criticalImagesBeaconInit('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://www.bladesmithsforum.com/index.php?app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=31446&p=304969&md5check=f785808792eb3b97d4b64dda4cb000e2&isRte=1,UhduoIhQfJ,false,ZCOAYUTal84'); //]]></script>[q];++d){var>[q]+d[q])break;a+=d}b=!0}this.e&&(d=x+e(json.stringify(this.h())),131072>[q];++b)for(var>

For some reason I get a whole script when I post with a quote now. When I remove it, it also does funny things. Is this issue known?

Jeroen Zuiderwijk

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/barbarianmetalworking
Barbarian metalworking: http://1501bc.com/metalworking/
Bronze age living history in the Netherlands (old site): http://1501bc.com/index_en.html
Museum photos: http://1501bc.com/page/index2.html
Information about saxes: http://1501bc.com/files/information_about_saxes.zip
Presentation with more information about saxes: http://1501bc.com/files/saxes/lecture_saxes_final3.ppt

#16 nprovos

nprovos
  • Super Administrators
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:03 AM

Should be fixed now. Sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users