Photo

Trouble with Uploading Pictures

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 nprovos

nprovos
  • Super Administrators
  • 671 posts
  • Interests:computer and network security, blacksmithing, martial arts, and lots of reading.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

Hi everyone,

Alan told me that there have been trouble with uploading pictures. This should all be resolved now. The forum might be running a little bit slower because of some problems with mod_pagespeed. Let us know how it goes.

Niels.

#2 J_Martin

J_Martin
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

Niels, I had been trying to post links and upload some pictures and haven't been able to. I copy and paste but nothing comes up. Some are links to websites and some are photo links from photobucket. The Image icon in the post comes up and I put the link in there and then it just sits there. I can't close it or delete and have to use the go back button to get out. The link icon does about the same. All my photos in the bucket are forum sized, 480 X 640 pixels.

#3 David Einhorn

David Einhorn
  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Research on aspects of historical and modern metalworking. Author of book titled, "Civil War Blacksmithing", and I am working on a second book which I hope to maybe someday finish. :-0

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

Lets see, if I can.... It seems to work for me.  Did you click on "Attach Files" *after* uploading the file?

Attached Images

• IMG_0063.JPG

#4 Jacek Robotka

Jacek Robotka
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Blacksmithing, reenacement, militaria, survival, history, martial arts.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

Hello,

I am new on this forum and I am having troubles with uploading photos. When I paste a link from PhotoBucket I receive massage 'You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community' . All picture are in the jpeg format.

Please could someone advise.

Thanks

http://jorgencraft.com/ http://modern.jorgencraft.com/

#5 Alan Longmire

Alan Longmire

Forum Board

• Super Administrators
  • 12,280 posts
  • Interests:World Domination

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

Welcome Jacek,

Photobucket can be difficult.  There should be an option on the right side of the page in Photobucket to allow you to cut and paste, but be aware if you use the image link tool here it can add an extra "http" in front, so you have to check the link text.  You can also right-click on the picture in Photobucket and then click "properties" and use the image URL that shows up as your link.

I hope that helps!

Alan

#6 Jacek Robotka

Jacek Robotka
  • Members
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Blacksmithing, reenacement, militaria, survival, history, martial arts.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

Thank you for your quick answer. I think this is whats happened, the link wasnt right.

thanks again

Jacek

http://jorgencraft.com/ http://modern.jorgencraft.com/

#7 Gary Mulkey

Gary Mulkey
  • Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:27 PM

I have recently had problems with uploading pictures.  I haven't experienced this before and am at a loss at what I'm doing (or not doing) that is preventing the upload.  I'm certain that the photos are the correct size and that the URL is correct.   I will click on the image icon, paste the URL of the photo and as soon as I click OK everything freezes.

Anyone have an idea of what I need to do to overcome this?

Gary Mulkey

Gary

ABS,CKCA,ABKA,KGA

#8 nprovos

nprovos
  • Super Administrators
  • 671 posts
  • Interests:computer and network security, blacksmithing, martial arts, and lots of reading.

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

Seems to work for me. Could you try again? Feel free to email me a screenshot.

15186663067_03d03d5d7b_z.jpg

Niels.

#9 Gary Mulkey

Gary Mulkey
  • Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

Thanks.  It must be something with my settings.  I just don't know what to change to correct it.  It's odd though that I didn't have the problem posting on other forums.

Gary

Gary

ABS,CKCA,ABKA,KGA

#10 Alan Longmire

Alan Longmire

Forum Board

• Super Administrators
  • 12,280 posts
  • Interests:World Domination

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

Do you have "Spybot: Search and Destroy" installed?  It is a free malware and tracking cookie removal tool that does registry cleanups and general tuneups to your PC, and it is excellent at so doing.  There may just be a dead-end registry thingy that needs to be removed and all will be well.  Scans can take up to an hour, so only do it if you're not going to be using the computer for a while.

As an example, I scan mine once a week or so, and it catches up to 30 problems each time.  I did my parents' computer last year and it caught and removed 2200 issues.  You wouldn't think a tracking cookie could cause much trouble, but they can really mess with the way your computer interacts with the web as far as what and where you can do stuff.  I don't know why, but that's been my experience.

Anyway, it's a free download here: http://www.safer-networking.org/

#11 Gary Mulkey

Gary Mulkey
  • Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:15 AM

Thanks, Alan.  I have installed it.  Hopefully this will eliminate the problem.  I appreciate your time on this.

Gary

Gary

ABS,CKCA,ABKA,KGA

#12 nprovos

nprovos
  • Super Administrators
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

Another picture test from Chrome in Windows 8.1:

7562324706_65ba4c6b2e_z.jpg

#13 nprovos

nprovos
  • Super Administrators
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:49 PM

IE on Windows 8.1:

Attached Images

• 15372952052_9e53ef40a7_z.jpg

#14 J_Martin

J_Martin
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:59 PM

Test test!! OK, That worked with the attachment.

And it let me post one from Photobuket

Attached Images

• 012.JPG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users