6 replies to this topic

#1 Alan Longmire

Alan Longmire

Forum Board

• Super Administrators
  • 12,280 posts
  • Interests:World Domination

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:14 PM

I know a few of you guys have gotten a classic Nigerian scam PM from former member Hermanson.  Take no action, I have deleted his sorry behind and banned his email and IP.

Thanks to those of you who reported him. 

#2 Dave Stephens

Dave Stephens

Forum Board

• Super Administrators
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:26 PM

Ah man, Alan! He was about to transfer several million dollars into my bank account too!

(;

• mike desensi likes this

-----------------------------------------------

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly." -- Theodore Roosevelt

http://stephensforge.com

#3 Chris_Zacharias

Chris_Zacharias
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:55 PM

Yea i got that message too, now i cant get my money:(

#4 R.W. Deavers

R.W. Deavers
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:03 PM

Thank you for taking care of it, Alan.  

You are NEVER too old to learn something new.

#5 C Craft

C Craft
  • Members
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Family and especially my grandson! Building knives is becoming a passion with me. Outdoors in general, hunting fishing.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:50 PM

Gee and he had such a sweet pitch. I am gonna do this little illegal transaction and I want to cut you in....................LOL

C Craft Customs ~~~ With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down ! If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner! ~~~ C Craft

#6 Mike Johnston

Mike Johnston
  • Members
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, boating, scuba and everything involving knifemaking

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:01 AM

Sorry, didn't read this before I sent you a PM. Thanks for being on top of this person.

#7 Wayne Coe

Wayne Coe
  • Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:54 PM

After all of the news about these spamers, it is hard to believe that anyone would fall into that trap.  Pay more than you want, send you a certified check for even more than that, and you are susposed to send them part of the extra?  Why would he not think that you would just keep all the money?  Trusting soul isn't he?

I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night.

Edited by Wayne Coe, 25 February 2016 - 07:55 PM.

Wayne Coe
Artist Blacksmith
729Peters Ford Road
Sunbright, Tennessee
423-628-6444
waynecoe@highland.net
www.WayneCoeArtistBlacksmith.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users