Photo

USA / Vermont - J.Arthur Loose

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 J.Arthur Loose

J.Arthur Loose
  • Super Administrators
  • 2,817 posts
  • Interests:Damascus Blades, the Dark Ages, Dark Beer, Dark Forests, Irish Banjo-Bouzouki-Mandola, History, Mythology, Decentralization, Bioregionalism, Heathenry, Beekeeping, Brewing, Motorcycling.

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:20 AM

J.Arthur Loose
Central Vermont

802 583 1070
(9 AM - 9 PM EST)

www.jloose.com

I hold a BFA in Jewelry & Metalsmithing from Maine College of Art, class of '93, including multiple teaching-assistant positions. Since then I have taught classes at several craft schools & assisted with numerous public demonstrations.

I've taught Jewelry classes at Shelburne Craft School (Now Shelburne Art Center,) and I've taught multiple courses at Peter's Valley Craft School: Crafts of the Blade, Intro to Bladesmithing and Damascus Making.

I am licensed to teach grades 7-12 with an Art endorsement in the state of Vermont and presently teach Jewelry & Metalsmithing, and have taught Printmaking & Intro to Art as well.

I offer one-on-one instruction in bladesmithing, pattern welding & jewelry techniques in my studio in Vermont. Instruction is tailored to your interests & abilities. I offer full days as well as two-hour weekly classes.

I am actively seeking more workshop opportunities.

Edited to update various information.

Edited by J.Arthur Loose, 03 December 2011 - 01:46 PM.

#2 JM Wands

JM Wands
  • Supporting Member
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:fire and steel and art and dobies and bikes and my boy and my wife

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:05 PM

From what I can tell, J would be a good choice, (I also couldnt tand to see the last poster every time I came to our forum),,,
jm

Blade

The blade, elegant
Slicing through the sweet, warm breeze
with a precise hit.

Sam Wands (10 years old)

Gold for the merchant, silver for the maid;
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at their trade.
Good! Laughed the baron, sitting in his hall;
But steel---cold steel---shall be master of them all!

#3 Sam Salvati

Sam Salvati

Fourm Board

• Supporting Member
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:47 AM

Oh Mr Loose, I wish I knew about you when I did my apprenticeship at the Historic blacksmith shop in Grafton 6 months of last year.
Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users