Ben Potter, Bladesmith

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ben Potter

Ben Potter

Full time Bladesmith

• Supporting Member
  • 1,349 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with loved ones, Celto-Norse lore, Sailing, Shroud-sticking, traditional arts and crafts, woodcraft, sustainable living, reading.

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:25 PM

Ben Potter, Bladesmith

celtingaround@yahoo.com

I am located in Altadena, CA, USA

Offering one on one teaching, and small (1-6 persons) classes on begining bladesmithing, basic forging, woodcarving, and leatherwork.
Ben Potter Bladesmith

It's not that I would trade my lot
Or any other man's,
Nor that I will be ashamed
Of my work torn hands-

For I have chosen the path I tread
Knowing it would be steep,
And I will take the joys thereof
And the consequences reap.

#2 Christopher Price

Christopher Price

Semi-professional Bladesmith

• Supporting Member
  • 2,589 posts
  • Interests:Alchemy, magic, woodlore, and Zen.

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:49 PM

I know Ben doesn't post a ton of work on here, but I wanted to vouch for the quality of both his artistic eye, and his skill, particularly in leatherworking. I had the honor of visiting him a couple years ago, and always wanted to learn how to do some of the knotwork this forum enjoys, and had no idea how to apply it to leather. In a very short amount of time, Ben not only got me pointed in the right direction on artistic influences of the past, but showed me some very foundational skills in molding, carving, and crafting leather in ways I'd only marvelled at before.

So what I'm trying to say, is, if you ever had it in your mind to try this kind of work, and needed some instruction, don't hesitate to contact Ben about it because his skill at teaching and inspiring is genuine and effective. My only lament is that I don't live out there to take better advantage of it.
The Tidewater Forge
Christopher Price, Bladesmith

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users