McAfee causing issues?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Geoff Keyes

Geoff Keyes
  • Supporting Member
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:16 PM

Is anyone else having issues getting to the forum? I'm able to get in via my Andriod tablet, but my PC chokes. I can get as far as the landing page, then the SiteAdvisor from MaCafee sends me into never never land.

Current version of MaCafee, Windows 10, Chrome

It's very hard to type on this tiny keyboard with Trollfairy hands and a large Maine Coon who wants to help.

Geoff
"The worst day smithing is better than the best day working for someone else."

I said that.

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly.
- - -G. K. Chesterton

So, just for the record: the fact that it does work still should not be taken as definitive proof that you are not crazy.

Grant Sarver

#2 Joshua States

Joshua States

Wait a minute.....what?

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Making stuff, hunting, rock climbing, philosophy, general adventure seeker.

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:32 PM

It sounds like you need to go into your McAfee site manager and list this as a trusted site.

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. Live, and die, on this day.

Josh

http://www.dosgatosdesignsllc.com/#!

#3 Geoff Keyes

Geoff Keyes
  • Supporting Member
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:07 AM

Why do they hide the controls?  Thanks Joshua

Geoff

"The worst day smithing is better than the best day working for someone else."

I said that.

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly.
- - -G. K. Chesterton

So, just for the record: the fact that it does work still should not be taken as definitive proof that you are not crazy.

Grant Sarver

#4 Alan Longmire

Alan Longmire

Forum Board

• Super Administrators
  • 12,280 posts
  • Interests:World Domination

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:04 AM

I had that same problem on my phone, deleted McAfee. No more problem. It just started Friday, so I suspect a badly designed "upgrade" is to blame. McAfee has always been third rate anyway.

#5 Clifford Brewer

Clifford Brewer
  • Members
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Metal,Hot,Cold,Or rollin fast.
    My houndogs,huntin and fishin and a cold beer on a hot day..

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:03 PM

I just switched from McAfee to Avast,....NOT impressed with ether of them.....

If ya can't be good don't git caught !!

Show me a man who is called an expert
And I will show you a good man to listen to
Show me a man who calls himself an expert
And I will show you an egotistical asshole...!!

#6 Joshua States

Joshua States

Wait a minute.....what?

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Making stuff, hunting, rock climbing, philosophy, general adventure seeker.

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:06 PM

Why do they hide the controls?  Thanks Joshua

Geoff

So you can't "accidently" look at pron

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. Live, and die, on this day.

Josh

http://www.dosgatosdesignsllc.com/#!

#7 Wes Detrick

Wes Detrick
  • Members
  • 1,741 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Drawing, Smithing and IT

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:47 PM

If you are looking for quality AV, then I suggest Kapersky.  They are continually rated one of the best out there.  If you do not like them, then I suggest checking out www.av-comparatives.org, which is a website that runs thorough tests on many different AV suites and then rates performance on all kinds of different areas(heuristics, file detection, false positives, etc).

McAfee is garbage and has been for quite some time.  So is Symantec (what used to be Norton).

In the middle of winter I at last discovered that there was in me an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

http://www.krakenforge.net/

#8 Al Massey

Al Massey
  • Members
  • 923 posts
  • Interests:Swords of all kinds, damascus steel (all kinds), fencing, redheads, fiddle music both listening and playing, good Chinese food, pretty Chinese waitresses, Martial arts flicks so bad they're funny, redheads, really bad horror flicks, home-brewed beer and wine, and Futurama. (did I mention redheads?)

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:26 PM

If you are looking for quality AV, then I suggest Kapersky.  They are continually rated one of the best out there.  If you do not like them, then I suggest checking out www.av-comparatives.org, which is a website that runs thorough tests on many different AV suites and then rates performance on all kinds of different areas(heuristics, file detection, false positives, etc).

McAfee is garbage and has been for quite some time.  So is Symantec (what used to be Norton).

I second the Kaspersky recommend. Get McAfee off your system. It is practically a virus in and of itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users