• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Ruslander

Mike Ruslander
  • Members
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Handmade knives, art.

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

It's with great sadness that I post that I lost my best friend tonight.
Ron Frazier, my mentor and friend passed away at 9:00 p.m. If you knew him and even if you didn't, his influence in the handmade knife world was monumental. I miss him.

Attached Images

• Ron.jpg

#2 Dave Stephens

Dave Stephens

Forum Board

• Super Administrators
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:18 AM

Thank you for posting this.

His work is very inspirational. I have admired many of his pieces over the years.

I hope his passing was peaceful, and that he had his family and friends close.

Godspeed Ron.

--Dave

-----------------------------------------------

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly." -- Theodore Roosevelt

http://stephensforge.com

#3 DFogg

DFogg
  • Super Administrators
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:08 AM

I am sorry to hear that Ron has passed. I always enjoyed looking at his work and the conversations that followed. He was a talented man.

Don Fogg

#4 Alan Longmire

Alan Longmire

Forum Board

• Super Administrators
  • 12,276 posts
  • Interests:World Domination

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

I only met him once, back in 2006. Over that short weekend I came to realize he was a true kindred spirit as well as an incredible maker and generally nifty guy. I'm sorry to hear he's gone. :(

#5 Kevin (The Professor)

Kevin (The Professor)
  • Supporting Member
  • 4,543 posts
  • Interests:Family (Wife and stepson) reading, Psychology, law, public policy (teaching people to get along, take care of one-another, and not destroy the planet in the process). Bladesmithing, Outdoors stuff of all types, esp. camping and ecology, exercise, cooking. Dogs and Cats.

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:33 AM

Sorry for your lose of a friend and mentor. Thank you for sharing with us.
kc

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs

#6 Jim Kelso

Jim Kelso
  • Members
  • 1,716 posts
  • Interests:Nature, The Numinous, photography, finding truth in beauty and beauty in truth.

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

So sorry to hear this Mike. Ron would always liven up a group and had an infectious humor and great storytelling talent.

Jim

Edited by Jim Kelso, 18 November 2011 - 06:43 PM.

#7 Howard Clark

Howard Clark
  • Supporting Member
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

He will be missed by many. Me included. Always enjoyed Ron's company and work.

#8 Mike Blue

Mike Blue
  • Supporting Member
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

I offer my condolences to all who knew him. I was introduced to him and enjoyed his take on life. His work speaks for itself and is inspiring.
There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. Will Rogers

#9 Mike Ruslander

Mike Ruslander
  • Members
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Handmade knives, art.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

Here is a nice rememberance that was in the Richmond newspaper:
http://www2.timesdis...hat-ar-1510592/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users