Photo

Excellent Source for Woodworking

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Avadon

Avadon
  • Members
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Forging, Blademaking, Armour.

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

Check out this company ~~Klingspor's Woodworkinig~~

This company has just about every sandpaper thing you'll need as well as carving, drilling, shaping, and general woodworking tools.

This company Rocklers' Woodworking is also an excellent site for woodworking equipment. It's a must you get both of these catalogs before you even touch a piece of wood. I'm serious! lol You will thank me. I've bought from both of these companies and they both have good customer service, good prices and quality products.

Thought i'd post this since a lot of people here do fine woodwork on their blades and weapons.

#2 JohnnyB

JohnnyB
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Former Marine SSGT here. I enjoy making anything to do with Black Powder and Native American. I love making knives and just recently started forging them. Deer and hog hunting are passion of mine along with fishing.

I work as a Project Manager for a local construction co here in Fort Mill, SC

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

We have a Klingspor close by that I frequent. Many things that you cannot find elsewhere you will find there. I buy my wood for scales from them. Way cheaper even with having to stabilize the wood myself. I can purchase a 3"X36" piece of about any wood for less than $20.00 and get 7 sets of scales for less than the cost of one set. Takes about an hour to cut to size and stabilize. I recently purchased a piece of lacewood from them for $12.00. Thats 7 sets of lacewood scales for $12.00.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users