Photo

Carved Cherry Filipino fighter

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Carved Cherry Filipino fighter (23 member(s) have cast votes)

What kind of blade IS this?

1. Cutter (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Fighter (4 votes [17.39%])

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

3. Short sword (19 votes [82.61%])

Percentage of vote: 82.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Chris Moss

Chris Moss
  • Supporting Member
  • 481 posts
  • Interests:knifemaking (duh)<br />I particularly like Japaneses style knives and swords. Hamons are a painting. blades are a canvas, clay is my paint, fire is my brush. the problem is.. i am still painting like Pablo Picasso.<br />i am inspired by the work of Don Fogg and Don Hanson in particular and many many many others.

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:58 AM

Hey everybody,
I have this knife up for sale. I held on to this one for a while, but school bills are due, and i have to let go of it.

convex ground 1095 blade with delicate "fire" hamon
Copper habaki, Linen Micarta gaurd, mosaic pin
Carved curly cherry handle and sheath.

The bladeis a dream to cut with, and cuts very powerfully. It has some fine scuff-marks from the sheath that i can polish out if you want. it has a very sharp robust edge, and will be work just fine as a work knife as it would a display item.

SOLD! Please contact me here on the forum or via email at Knifemaker87@gmail.com

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

More pictures here:
http://picasaweb.goo.../PedangFighter#

thanks!
~Chris

Edited by Chris Moss, 04 March 2010 - 09:34 AM.

-Knifemaker-
Posted Image
http://knifemaker87....epages.com/home

Hamons are a painting; blades are a canvas, clay is my paint, fire is my brush. the problem is.. i am still painting like Pablo Picasso.

#2 dknife

dknife
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

Hey everybody,
I have this knife up for sale. I held on to this one for a while, but school bills are due, and i have to let go of it.

The bladeis a dream to cut with, and cuts very powerfully. It has some fine scuff-marks from the sheath that i can polish out if you want. it has a very sharp robust edge, and will be work just fine as a work knife as it would a display item.

I am asking $800 shipped for the blade. Please contact me here on the forum or via email at Knifemaker87@gmail.com

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

More pictures here:

thanks!
~Chris

Chris - That sure is an attention getter and the sheath is wild. I have never seen anything quite like that.
Don

#3 Alan Longmire

Alan Longmire

Forum Board

• Super Administrators
  • 9,253 posts
  • Interests:World Domination

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

I don't care what you call it, it's bloody gorgeous! B)

#4 Chris Moss

Chris Moss
  • Supporting Member
  • 481 posts
  • Interests:knifemaking (duh)<br />I particularly like Japaneses style knives and swords. Hamons are a painting. blades are a canvas, clay is my paint, fire is my brush. the problem is.. i am still painting like Pablo Picasso.<br />i am inspired by the work of Don Fogg and Don Hanson in particular and many many many others.

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

Chris - That sure is an attention getter and the sheath is wild. I have never seen anything quite like that.
Don

it was both a pain and a pleasure. i loved the carving, but keeping everything straight and clean was a pain. i think it was worth it though.
thanks for the interest!
~Chris
-Knifemaker-
Posted Image
http://knifemaker87....epages.com/home

Hamons are a painting; blades are a canvas, clay is my paint, fire is my brush. the problem is.. i am still painting like Pablo Picasso.

#5 mark.visker

mark.visker
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

i agree, who cares what its called, its awesome

#6 John C. Lewicki

John C. Lewicki
  • Members
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:bladesmithing, mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, baking, sketching, guitar, working on my motor bike

DISLIKES: wearing my glasses, sour cream, biking injuries

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:54 AM

That is very nice. I am curious about the carving tools you used and how you got that dimpled effect in the valley where the tang pin goes.

#7 Hogan Baker

Hogan Baker
  • Supporting Member
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Surviving school, conquering the world, and bladesmithing with the time left over

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:30 AM

John, check this out

http://forums.dfoggk...showtopic=11747

It is a very nice knife Chris!

Hogan Baker
"Stale water is poor drink. Stale skill is worse. And the man who walks in his own footsteps only ends where he began."

My Etsy shop

My blog

#8 Antonio Cejunior

Antonio Cejunior
  • Members
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Multi-culturalism, anthropology, painting, design, swords, arts in general.

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:54 AM

Hey everybody,

SOLD! Please contact me here on the forum or via email at Knifemaker87@gmail.com

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

More pictures here:

thanks!
~Chris

I have kept an eye on your work over the last couple of years and the ascending curve has been amazingly steep.
Stunning work Chris, great creativity. The woodwork is amazing. I particularly like the texture of the wood in the two last photos.
Congrats.
Posted Image
Antonio

BLADESIGN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users