Photo

Forging a Viking Axe: New DVD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jim austin

jim austin
  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Blacksmithing, brewing and other fermentations, getting together with friends, outdoors and lots of other stuff.

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

To the guests and members of Don Fogg's Bladesmithing Forum who share Jeff's and my interest in axe forging I would like to offer this DVD. It is based on the methods presented in pages 1 - 3 of the Viking Axe Forging Tutorial (pinned topic) in the History Forum. In 51 minutes it covers the "Split-and-Wrap" method of forge-welding an axe-eye, and all of the other necessary steps in forging and steeling the bearded axe shown on the cover. The price including shipping in the US is $39 (CA residents need to add sales tax for a total of $42). If you are interested in purchasing the DVD please contact me at hotsteel@sbcglobal.net. Please use Paypal (it's the best option at this point).

Bearded Axe DVD front cover 500h.jpg Bearded Axe DVD back cover 500h.jpg

#2 Thom Board

Thom Board
  • Members
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Greenwood working, tool renovation, and all things with a sharp edge.

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

Funny, I was just looking for an early Christmas present for myself :) would you have a price to ship to the Uk Jim?
"He who seeks rest finds boredom. He who seeks work finds rest." Dylan Thomas

#3 Gerald Boggs

Gerald Boggs
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

Got my copy in the mail today. Good thing i had no plans to go out. It was a dinner and video evening for me.

The video was quite excellent. Along with good quality instruction, it showed me several ways of doing, which are different from my background.
I highly recommend this video.

Gerald Boggs  www.wayfarerforge.com

#4 Luke Shearer

Luke Shearer
  • Members
  • 967 posts
  • Interests:swordsmithing, Celtic and Norse culture, history, philosophy, running, bush craft, logic, chess,etc.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

I have this video as well. Very informative and well put together! It left nothing at all to question.

“Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”

Knotted Wyrm- my blog

#5 Christopher Price

Christopher Price

Semi-professional Bladesmith

• Supporting Member
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:All forms of Metalsmithing, Motorcycles, Scouting

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

Just got it and watched it.  I wish it were about 2 hours longer... can't wait for the 2nd in the series to come out.  The asymmetrical wrap is something I've been wanting to understand better, and static posts only do so much.

The Tidewater Forge
Christopher Price, Bladesmith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users