• 1,417 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

I would take that bet.

Me too Sam. :)

#22 owen bush

owen bush
  • Members
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Profesional smith ,More and more I am interested in the history of out craft ,It just drags me back .

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Ah we are back to the "blade-smiths calendar" again!!

can a bigger man be more naked? or are we talking more often naked?

I really think a blade-smiths calendar could be wonderful, so many of us are so interesting looking.........
forging soul in to steel

owenbush.co.uk

#23 Sam Salvati

Sam Salvati

Fourm Board

• Super Administrators
  • 4,955 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

I think the most naked without actually showing anything...........vital. Maybe when Alysia comes over again I will ask her to bring her tripod and camera.....
Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

#24 Howard Clark

Howard Clark
  • Supporting Member
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

I wouldn't think it a big seller, but you never know, maybe we are missing out on a marketing opportunity here guys. :blink:

Edited by Howard Clark, 09 February 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#25 owen bush

owen bush
  • Members
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Profesional smith ,More and more I am interested in the history of out craft ,It just drags me back .

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:41 AM

Sam, I always look forward to your photos . character man ...its all about the character.
forging soul in to steel

owenbush.co.uk

#26 Sam Salvati

Sam Salvati

Fourm Board

• Super Administrators
  • 4,955 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

I spoke with her just now, it's a done deal.
Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

#27 J.Arthur Loose

J.Arthur Loose
  • Supporting Member
  • 2,518 posts
  • Interests:Damascus Blades, the Dark Ages, Dark Beer, Dark Forests, Irish Banjo-Bouzouki-Mandola, History, Mythology, Decentralization, Bioregionalism, Heathenry, Beekeeping, Brewing, Motorcycling.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

Just think of all the calendars we could sell...

Edit: Oh, ha ha! Missed the second page. Calendars indeed!

Edited by J.Arthur Loose, 12 February 2012 - 11:35 AM.

symb2.jpg
J.Arthur Loose
Damascus rings
Damascus blades

#28 Richard Furrer

Richard Furrer
  • Supporting Member
  • 1,837 posts
  • Interests:General blacksmith with an intense interest in steel making and swords of various periods.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Like the 1999 Yorkshire women's group maybe? it was made into the movie "Calendar Girls" in 2003.

A few well placed hammers, anvils, vise, blades ...or an ingot...may make for a...well,...?interesting? theme to be sure.

Not sure a forge-weld would be all too welcome as an action shot.

Calendars sell rather poorly though.
Ric
Richard Furrer
Door County Forgeworks
Sturgeon Bay, WI

#29 Richard van Dijk

Richard van Dijk
  • Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Mabey a vidio of a nude fireweld dance would sell.

I hate this dial up I am on (gan't get broadband here) it took me more than 2 hrs to down load this vidio.

Richard

Richard van Dijk
www.hoihoknives.com
My link

#30 Martin Schutte

Martin Schutte
  • Members
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Knife Making Forging and stock removal.

Into Series and Movies

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

Like the 1999 Yorkshire women's group maybe? it was made into the movie "Calendar Girls" in 2003.

A few well placed hammers, anvils, vise, blades ...or an ingot...may make for a...well,...?interesting? theme to be sure.

Not sure a forge-weld would be all too welcome as an action shot.

Calendars sell rather poorly though.
Ric

Ric I was browsing one day a forum do not recall if it was here or not but this Blacksmith`s wife a redhead posed for a couple of pic`s(I think he took the Pics)with some hammers and tongs and warm metal :blink: ! They made a calender and I havent seen forging in the same light after that!! :lol:

Martin

Edited by Martin Schutte, 27 February 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#31 Richard Furrer

Richard Furrer
  • Supporting Member
  • 1,837 posts
  • Interests:General blacksmith with an intense interest in steel making and swords of various periods.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Well...I think there is a general difference between a nak'd Larry Harley and a naked professional female model. If Victoria Secrets did a blacksmith calendar it may sell well....but as much as I love Harley I do not believe the general public would view the two in the same light.

Ric

Attached Images

• group1.jpeg
  • Larry Harley.jpeg

Richard Furrer
Door County Forgeworks
Sturgeon Bay, WI

#32 larry harley

larry harley
  • Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

Well...I think there is a general difference between a nak'd Larry Harley and a naked professional female model. If Victoria Secrets did a blacksmith calendar it may sell well....but as much as I love Harley I do not believe the general public would view the two in the same light.

Ric

UNCLOAKING for self defence!!!!!!! so the above pic is Jan. Feb. March.April and May????? UhhhhhGGGG YUUCCKK i think i,m gona throw up!!!! Washing computer screen and RECLOAKING!!!!

#33 Jim Kelso

Jim Kelso
  • Members
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Nature, The Numinous, photography, finding truth in beauty and beauty in truth.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Harley when did you grow a third arm? Must come in handy...........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users