• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Petr Florianek

Petr Florianek
  • Supporting Member
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Hello! i have recently made this one:

wrought iron back, HC steel edge, stag antler handle slabes carved in ringerike style tendrils, silver ring, iron rivets, handmade glass bead.
OAL 180 mm, blade 80 mm

#2 Rob Toneguzzo

Rob Toneguzzo
  • Members
  • 1,356 posts
  • Interests:Bladesmithing, Bowhunting, Dogs, Fishing, Art

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

Very nice....simple and nice...I like the lanyard idea too..I hope to make one of these soon though I am sure the simple and nice will not be so simple for me...great knife!

"Old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes" - Tom HALL - Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine.

#3 Kevin (The Professor)

Kevin (The Professor)
  • Supporting Member
  • 3,935 posts
  • Interests:reading, Psychology, law, public policy (teaching people to get along, take care of one-another, and not destroy the planet in the process). Bladesmithing, Outdoors stuff of all types, esp. camping and ecology, exercise, cooking. Dogs and Cats.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

good one, as always. I like the simple carving. Not over-the-top. sort of a knife for a common person. you have some wrought with good pattern/grain to it. It stands out nicely.

hope you sell it for a million dollars... give or take a little.

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs

#4 Cody James

Cody James
  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Knives, Blacksmithing, Photography, Digital Art.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Like that a lot!

VIKINGS Just pile your gold up in the front door, set your house on fire, die now and save yourself the trouble.

My Blog and DeviantArt profile

#5 Petr Florianek

Petr Florianek
  • Supporting Member
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Thanks gentlemen!

#6 Luke Shearer

Luke Shearer
  • Members
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:swordsmithing, Celtic and Norse culture, history, philosophy, running, bush craft, logic, chess,etc.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

I love it. It looks authentic, like you're not joking. It looks like a viking friction folder :rolleyes: not a reproduction or a gaudy piece of "art".

“Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”

Knotted Wyrm- my blog

#7 Jim P

Jim P
  • Supporting Member
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Making knives,shooting muzzleloaders,fly fishing,hunting quail. Celtic music.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Very nice, if I ever get a round to making a folder it will be like that.

#8 Myles Mulkey

Myles Mulkey
  • Members
  • 421 posts
  • Interests:Germanic art & poetry, period craftsmanship, earthy work, simple living, ancestry & genetics, bushcraft, birdlore, treelore, Tolkien, pattern welding

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

WELL done!!! Really attractive knife. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users