• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Petr Florianek

Petr Florianek
  • Supporting Member
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Hello! i have recently made this one:

wrought iron back, HC steel edge, stag antler handle slabes carved in ringerike style tendrils, silver ring, iron rivets, handmade glass bead.

OAL 180 mm, blade 80 mm

DSC05138.jpg
DSC05139.jpg
DSC05140.jpg

#2 Rob Toneguzzo

Rob Toneguzzo
  • Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Interests:Bladesmithing, Bowhunting, Boxing, Fishing, Art

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

Very nice....simple and nice...I like the lanyard idea too..I hope to make one of these soon though I am sure the simple and nice will not be so simple for me...great knife!

"Old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes" - Tom HALL - Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine.

#3 Kevin (The Professor)

Kevin (The Professor)
  • Supporting Member
  • 3,280 posts
  • Interests:reading, Psychology, law, public policy (teaching people to get along, take care of one-another, and not destroy the planet in the process). Bladesmithing, Outdoors stuff of all types, esp. camping and ecology, exercise, cooking. Dogs and Cats.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

good one, as always. I like the simple carving. Not over-the-top. sort of a knife for a common person. you have some wrought with good pattern/grain to it. It stands out nicely.

hope you sell it for a million dollars... give or take a little.

please visit my website: www.professorsforge.com

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs

#4 Cody James

Cody James
  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Knives, Blacksmithing, Photography, Digital Art.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Like that a lot!

VIKINGS Just pile your gold up in the front door, set your house on fire, die now and save yourself the trouble.

My Blog and DeviantArt profile

#5 Petr Florianek

Petr Florianek
  • Supporting Member
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Thanks gentlemen!

#6 Luke Shearer

Luke Shearer
  • Members
  • 991 posts
  • Interests:swordsmithing, Celtic and Norse culture, history, philosophy, running, bush craft, logic, chess,etc.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

I love it. It looks authentic, like you're not joking. It looks like a viking friction folder :rolleyes: not a reproduction or a gaudy piece of "art".

“Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”

Knotted Wyrm- my blog

#7 Jim P

Jim P
  • Supporting Member
  • 822 posts
  • Interests:Making knives,shooting muzzleloaders,fly fishing,hunting quail. Celtic music.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Very nice, if I ever get a round to making a folder it will be like that.

#8 Myles Mulkey

Myles Mulkey
  • Members
  • 421 posts
  • Interests:Germanic art & poetry, period craftsmanship, earthy work, simple living, ancestry & genetics, bushcraft, birdlore, treelore, Tolkien, pattern welding

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

WELL done!!! Really attractive knife. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users