165 replies to this topic

#161 Christopher Price

Christopher Price

Semi-professional Bladesmith

• Supporting Member
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:All forms of Metalsmithing, Motorcycles, Scouting

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:36 AM

I am sure, gentlemen, that when it's done, it will be well-publicized and nobody will have to ask. Until then, pestering tends to diminish enthusiasm for finishing promised work... this is something I've learned after taking a couple too many custom orders.

I will be happy to see it when it's ready to be seen.
The Tidewater Forge
Christopher Price, Bladesmith

#162 Isaiah Lake

Isaiah Lake
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

Hello? Anyone home? I think I might cry...
The extraordinary has never been achieved without the sacrifice of security. Take your chances thin, and take them often.

#163 J.Arthur Loose

J.Arthur Loose
  • Supporting Member
  • 2,518 posts
  • Interests:Damascus Blades, the Dark Ages, Dark Beer, Dark Forests, Irish Banjo-Bouzouki-Mandola, History, Mythology, Decentralization, Bioregionalism, Heathenry, Beekeeping, Brewing, Motorcycling.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

School's out in just a couple weeks...

symb2.jpg
J.Arthur Loose
Damascus rings
Damascus blades

#164 Isaiah Lake

Isaiah Lake
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:07 PM

School's out in just a couple weeks...

Meaning that you shall be finishing soon?
The extraordinary has never been achieved without the sacrifice of security. Take your chances thin, and take them often.

#165 J.Arthur Loose

J.Arthur Loose
  • Supporting Member
  • 2,518 posts
  • Interests:Damascus Blades, the Dark Ages, Dark Beer, Dark Forests, Irish Banjo-Bouzouki-Mandola, History, Mythology, Decentralization, Bioregionalism, Heathenry, Beekeeping, Brewing, Motorcycling.

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:09 AM

Finishing? HA ha. Truth is, the customer didn't want that piece. The blade I made in this thread was featured in David Darom's book and went on to sell at Mastersmith's in NYC, for what it's worth.

I might revisit the concept this Summer, who knows? Maybe. Maybe not. I teach a damascus class at Peter's Valley in about a week and then have 7 weeks of relatively free time. I have smelting projects to do and a bouzouki to make, some beekeeping, finishing a chicken coop, rebuilding a drywell and cutting some serious firewood. That and planning for my Fall jewelry and metalsmithing classes. I'm getting blacksmithing up and running at the school, so I gotta scrounge some materials and make a forge.

There will be some blades for sure this Summer though, as I have to have something to show for Ashokan, right?
~
Now go to bed, Grettir thread!

symb2.jpg
J.Arthur Loose
Damascus rings
Damascus blades

#166 Jon Stormm

Jon Stormm
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Wait. You keep bee's, Yul? That's awesome! We need to talk when I brew my next batch requiring honey. More than happy to pay for it. I just prefer to use as much all natural ingredients as possible...tastes better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users