weathered oah hunter and sheath

This one is 8"OAL, twist damascus by Chad Nichols, weathered oak scales, steel pins,rawhide "repair wrap", blacksmith's curl with a deerskin dangler and weathered oak bead round it out. Sheath is rawhide over veg-tan, and is heavily decorated.

DSC02594.jpg

DSC02598.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

DSC02597.jpg

My neighbor's barn is starting to get nervous when I look at the old weathered boards, and it's all your fault! :lol: Nice job on this one too. B)

Thanks Alan! I have really developed a fondness for this old wood, and I really love using it.In the future I am planning a boxed set that will be a matching friction folder and hunter and their sheaths, handled with weathered oak and wrought iron bolsters, with a display box made from the same wood. I will post it up when it is finished.

WOW! Well done! I love the style. Ok my have a bit of a dumb question here but in reguards to the weathered oak, did you find it that way or make it appear to be weathered? If the latter, then would you mind sharing?

Jason

Thanks Jason! To answer your question, I got the old wood from the remains of an old barn that I used to play in as a kid in the late 60's. I was lucky and was able to get enough to last me several years, but I am always on the lookout for more!

I know a mountain man that would love to have a knife like that. I really like the tail on the end of the grip. The whole package really, it looks very good. Did you make the sheath? Nice work on that too. It has that used but cared for look to it. Good size too. Jim