Ethan B. A. Jackson

you know your hardcore when cont..

....when you take home all the scrap metal and defunct equipment parts from your job as a mechanic instead of hauling them to the metal recycler because you know there is a junkyard hammer in there trying to be born :)

Edited by SteveShimanek

...when a guy that you never seen before asks "Can you make me a knife??"

...when you use a forge as a fireplace.

Edited by Byron Reeves

...when you use a forge as a fireplace.

pfft, dude i made my dinner for a week over my forge :D

Same here! Beenie-weenies, spagetti-os, hot dogs, if im too busy in the shop to stop and go inside ive been known to do a lil "gourmet" cooking in the shop! :lol:

Okay, I'll bite:

-- You can identify the type of wood you were grinding on today by the color of the Kleenex after you blow your nose.

-- All food tastes like steel, ironwood, micarta or ferric chloride . . . and you kinda like it.

-- You get nostaligic at the smell of epoxy.

-- You've ever tried to impress a stripper by talking to her about forging damascus . . . (don't act like you've never done that!)

Grins,

--Dave

1. You've got no eyebrows left

2. You're missing the hair off both forearms and your legs are now beginning to get bald patches

3. You get more excited when you find a cheaper supply of propane than you do opening Christmas presents

Gee fellers, don't everbody got their band saw and grinder in their living rooms? What'cha goin'ta do if'n ya ain't got a garage?

Doug Lester

Gind your knuckle to the bone with a belt sander, don't notice until you see the blade has blood spots on it, figure what the heck, finish the part you were grinding and then take care of your knuckle :)

- When you pause to consider weather the blood dripping on the wood, would make a good stainer

- So tired from the shop you get halfway through your thumb when you realise the bread knife was only supposed to be slicing the bread

- when limb scars are too numberous you only count the ones on your head

You think you may have burned out the control board for your brand new dryer by using the same outlet for your grinder and all you can think is that you need to buy an older dryer without a circuit board!

~Bruce~

When you cut your finger to the bone, wrap it up with electrical tape and finish polishing the blade that just cut you.

When your up at 2:00 am because your to excited to stop working on a knife that is almost finished

When your wife tells you that you have to spend more time with her than with your forge

When your wife says, ok mister that is just about enough spending on the shop and buys a new diamond ring to catch up

This one could go on forever. There are a million of em.

Clay

When you think there are 5160 feet in a mile.

And here I thought it was 1095 yards in a mile? :P

You know you are hardcore when you are doing the final polish on a sword and put a slice from your middle knucke of you middle finer to the base of your palm (which later required 18 sutures to close) and you freak out cause you are concerned with the blood rusting the open grain of the steel..

JPH

When you use a coal forge and bring your grill rack with you so you can cook breakfast lunch and dinner.

When you use a coal forge and bring your grill rack with you so you can cook breakfast lunch and dinner.

I've done that..alot...back when when I was burning mesquite charcoal for demo's at the local museum...

JPH

Edited by JPH

I've done that..alot...back when when I was burning mesquite charcoal for demo's at the local museum...

JPH

lol its awesome, yesterday i was welding up some cable to remake the blade that I cracked during heat treat and i was out there all day. So i just went inside, got a cooler and loaded up with eggs, bacon, pork chops, potatoes, and a nice fat piece of venison. It was an awesome day

When you sleep in the shop because it's 3am and you're just going to go back in there when you wake up

JPH , Funny you mention that.I made a knife for my hunting bro and the son of a gun bit me( the knife) . Got so mad at the thirsty bugger i spread the blood all over the blade, hung it up and moved on to another blade. Just plain forgot about it for a couple of days. When I came to finish the blade I found the blood had etched into the blade. Tried repolishing it, no go.My bud loves it. Says a little of the maker will go on forever.Go figure huh.Cut healed ok by the way, 100 mile an hour tape is a great bandage... Tim

I got another one that happened to me today while grinding on Frankengrinder...

You know you are hardcore when the water in your grinder's catch pail starts to boil....

Never had that happen before and I have never been able to grind out 7 sword blades from forgings in one 5 hour stint...Frankengrinder rocks!!

JPH

Gotta stop chewing nails and spitting tacks I guess.