Sign in to follow this  
Bill Jones

Myers-Briggs

Has anyone here ever taken the Myers-Briggs test?  What type are you?  I'm an INTP, very strong I (introvert) and T (thinking).  I'm a cold-blooded, analytical sunovabitch...   :P

You say that as if there was something wrong with it. :cool:

Oooh, Oooh, Me!  I took that test in College and I am also INtP.  Welcome to the best 5% of the population.  Have you checked out intp.org?  I don't know about you, but I found it creepy how the personality profile explained or at least illustrated many of my own traits.

INTP..

Maybe it's something about our similar hobbies and means of expression (I.E internet communication maybe easier for introverts) that bring us to assosiate?

josh

This thread forced me to dig out my old college notes. I'm an INTP too. Maybe they could boil the questionaire down to: "Do you enjoy making knives swords or bladed instruments."

BTW: Another test I took showed that my ex-wife and I were imcompatable according to our personality types. (That's a hint for you single guys out there.)

Wow....  That's pretty unbelievable.  So many INTPs... [grouphug]

I'm an ENFJ type.  :cool:

I really worry about being around you INTP types...you guys kinda frighten me....especially when there's so many of you in one place at the same time.

:;):

Brian

Interesting - INtP here also. Modestly stronger on the thinking versus feeling aspect -- which means, if I were a hitman, I'd feel I should send flowers to the funeral (that or make sure their cat gets a good home).  :D

Here is an online test that usually gives the same results as the official Myers-Briggs results:

Temperament Sorter II

It was free the last time I checked.

-- Dwight

I had 24 T and 0 F.  Talk about a robot!   :P  ???

I had 24 T and 0 F.  Talk about a robot!   :P  ???

Dude, *you* should be a hit man! :D  [ylsuper]

At work they call me "The Big Carer" and it *really* hurts.  :;):

I can't help myself. People are just more important than things to me. It's a handicap that I'm learning to live with.

Brian

WTF?  INTP here, too.... ???  I thought we were supposed to be rare...  I completely agree that the first followup question should be something like "how would you feel about working alone in front of a fire that burns at several thousand degrees, puting iron in it, and then beating that iron like it owes you money?  Great- read these books" :D

I=25, N=27, T=25, P=19

Since then I've taken the enneagram study several times, just to get a gage.  It's another personality sorter at www.ennea.com and 9types.com  

Interested parties:

My top score: #8 (6/10), The Boss- aggressive, leadership tendancies.  

Second scores: #4 and 5 (4/10).  #4, The artist- described as intuitive and reserved.  #5, the Thinker (hmmm...) described as perceptive and cerebral.

My lowest score at -10/10 is the peacemaker, described as "easygoing, accomodating". Second lowest at -8/10 is the Helper, described as caring, nurturing.

fun stuff.  Knowing my strengths/limits like this helped me leave my job working in a medical clinic (helping) and move to a job posting insurance payments and dealing with insurance denials.  Yes, I'm happier and I see myself doing this job much longer.

Sharing is caring :D  But wait, I don't. . .

Here is an online test that usually gives the same results as the official Myers-Briggs results:

Temperament Sorter II

It was free the last time I checked.

well it charges now. it only tells me i am a gaurdian (sj)

Ah well, that's pretty vague. Rather like saying you're pointing "sorta northish".

Here, try this one - it seems to give good results and it's free (I just tried it). Just click on Do It! to begin (starting page is less than clear about what sort of test it actually is, but it's a Myers-Briggs type).

Myers-Briggs test

-- Dwight

thank you,

it is close to the other test and the general outcome is what i expected

i am an:

ISTJ

i always have to be the different one :):P

I just took the test and I'm a INTJ

Introvert-78 Intuitive-11 Thinking-11 Judging-33

-Loren

ISFJ.  The test online placed me as a ISFP but, other tests in the past all came up ISFJ and the personality type description is spooky.

Wow . so many INTPs ... there must be something to it :;):

INFJ here ... apparently the rarest type, ...

Introverted 11%, Intuitive 67%, Feeling 11%, Judging 33%.

here's some interesting stuff I've picked up on the MBTI and INFJs

an online test;

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

http://www.infj.org/infjcharacter.html

http://www.socionics.com/prof/infj.htm

http://www.uta.fi/~kt22588/profile/profile.htm

http://www.infj.org/intrombti.html

It says I'm an Idealist of some discription but I'm not paying for the results. I think it's an INFJ for me too  [dunno]

idealist sounds like an INFJ ... thanks Jake ... I don't feel so alone now  :;):

You guys might want to check out your type descriptions (and all the other ones) at

Typelogic

Also has links to more info.

It's worthwhile to check other types that are "close" - meaning they differ in only one aspect. So for ISTP, check out INTP, ESTP, ISFP, and ISTJ in particular.

The simplified online tests don't really ask enough questions to do the more detailed analysis and scoring of levels that the full MBTI can, though they seem to agree on the basics fairly well.

Although I consistently test as INtP, I'm fairly close to an INfP, due to the near balance I have between thinking and feeling -- and there are also a number of qualities of that type that I share. I found it quite interesting to explore my type when I first found out -- it was surprising to me to how well it described many of my motivations and behaviors.

-- Dwight