Raymond Richard

Larry's knife

For several years I've gone fishing a couple times a year with my friend Larry. He's never asked for anything in return. He just retired and I thought a knife would make a great gift and a thank you for the great fishing trips. The blade is W-2 and its 4 1/2", sambar stag handle with iron fittings. 9" overall. He also does a fair amount of hunting so I thought this style would work for both.

IMG_0498.JPG

I never met a friend I didn't like, they are great to have.

I am sure that he will appreciate the knife, it is a beauty. Wade

Darn!!! I thought I got lucky for a minute. HaHa!

Very nice. He should love it.

Larry Sharp

That's a dandy knife Ray i'm sure your friend will enjoy it!

Lookin good, Nice user. I am sure he will be pleased.

Chris

Is that a slightly raised clip on the spine at the tip? :huh: Always liked that as a nifty touch, but I've never seen you do it that I can remember. Not that that means anything, of course, I'm lucky to remember what I'm wearing without looking down. :lol:

Is that a slightly raised clip on the spine at the tip? :huh: Always liked that as a nifty touch, but I've never seen you do it that I can remember. Not that that means anything, of course, I'm lucky to remember what I'm wearing without looking down. :lol:

Alan, Your way to young to have memory problems. Your right about the blade shape. I had a customer who was wanting this style blade. Its real similar to the Marble's Woodcrafter style blade. I made two blades and let him chose which one he wanted and this was the remainder. Funny after looking at for awhile Nessmuk entered my mind.

Alan, Your way to young to have memory problems. Your right about the blade shape. I had a customer who was wanting this style blade. Its real similar to the Marble's Woodcrafter style blade. I made two blades and let him chose which one he wanted and this was the remainder. Funny after looking at for awhile Nessmuk entered my mind.

I was about to say it reminds me of a woodcraft.... I've always thought the woodcraft and nessmuk were close kin.

I love it, he's lucky, and you're a nice guy... :)

It's impressive how simple and beautiful, at the same time, is this knife. We all have a lot to learn from you, Ray.