Sign in to follow this  
Shawn Stoner

Wrought Iron?

Hi. Long time lurker first time post. I know this question has probably been asked a bunch of times but I've recently stumbled across what I think may be some wrought iron. It's old anchor chain with very large (9 inch long x 1.5 inch thick) links. I have included some pictures and any feedback would be helpful. It is my understanding that mild steel won't peel and have a grain like in the photos is this correct? If this is wrought I would really like to jump on it because I believe the price is reasonable enough. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Shawn

PS: If this is wrought anyone interested in some links? I know I sure won't need it all. Thanks again!

wrought006.jpg

wrought005.jpg

Yes that is wrought iron grab it up!

Bob

PS: If this is wrought anyone interested in some links? I know I sure won't need it all.

I would definitely be interested in some. How much do you want for how much?

cheers,

/steve

I would be interested to. Same question as above. How much for how much?

Hey guys. Thanks so much for all your input! I was pretty sure it was wrought but I like to be 100% positive. I will be going to pick it up tomorrow morning a fun trip of 4 hours one way. (oh the humanity!! haha) For the guys who would like to purchase some the going rate seems to be around $25 a link + shipping. This is a fairly small quantity of 35-40 links and I would like to turn some of it into some much needed tools and such. I am relatively knew to bladesmithing and I am still trying to cobble together some equipment. I will be gone on my pilgrimage tomorrow but shall return in the evening. If you are interested please feel free to message me and I will respond on a first come basis. I do have a pay-pal account as well if that helps anyone.

Shawn