Sign in to follow this  
Ted Banning

Armor for the Groom

armor_house.jpgHere's a picture of some Armor I made recently for a wedding. Alternating pieces are blued mild steel and polished Stainless. This was an extremely time-consuming job.

Here's a picture of some Armor I made recently for a wedding. Alternating pieces are blued mild steel and polished Stainless. This was an extremely time-consuming job.

I'll just bet it was time consuming!!

If that was a job for a paying customer, I hope you charged enough to cover yourself. If it was for a friend, you're a prince, and I hope he realizes that!

Luke

Well the bride spent $2000 on a custom Elizabethan gown so the groom insisted the Armor cost more. Not enough but I had complete design autonomy, which is nice. I mixed periods and threw in a little Fantasy but it still all matches. Not pictured, the gauntlets really rock, too.

Well the bride spent $2000 on a custom Elizabethan gown so the groom insisted the Armor cost more. Not enough but I had complete design autonomy, which is nice. I mixed periods and threw in a little Fantasy but it still all matches. Not pictured, the gauntlets really rock, too.

Ted, if you have some detailed shots of that suit, like the gauntlets, please post them. I know I'm not alone in wanting to see more of it. Beautiful work!

Luke

I'd like to see more.

How about a better picture of the dragon hugging the helm.