"Mega-tooth" Button-guard Bowie

Hello All,

I've been wanting to do a larger version of my "button-guard" Bowie for awhile and here it is. I hope you like her.

bowie_button_guard_ironwood.jpg

bowie_button_guard_ironwood_top.jpg

bowie_button_guard_ironwood_opp.jpg

blade_close_up.jpg

This Bowie has an 8 1/2" blade of high carbon damascus steel forged in a "mega-tooth" pattern with forge- marked and acid-etched flats and a nice hamon line. The 3-piece "button" guard is made of lightly etched 4140HC steel and a center of brass/copper mokume. The handle is A-grade Desert Ironwood Burl with a heavy stainless steel pin. The overall length of this piece is 13 3/4" and comes with a fully tooled leather blade sheath with loop and strap.

Price, with leather sheath, $950.00, plus shipping.

Visa, MasterCard & Paypal are all fine (Paypal only for international orders please) and your satisfaction is always guaranteed.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice, I like it =]

When doing the spacers like that, I know pins are used to keep things lined up good, but when you're doing the final assembly, do you glue between them or solder them or anything of that sort?

Very nice, I like it =]

When doing the spacers like that, I know pins are used to keep things lined up good, but when you're doing the final assembly, do you glue between them or solder them or anything of that sort?

Crazy glue seals everything well and has a higher temp. tolerance than epoxy.