Sign in to follow this  
Shawn Stoner

Champion 400 Blower, Forge, and Firepot for sale

Hey guys. I've had this forge for a while now and have used it a dozen times or so. It all works great and everything but I would like to try propane and I don't have room for two forges. (Barely have room for one but thats another story for another time ha!) So I need to move this one to make room as well as get the funds for my propane venture. It is a Champion forge with the 400 blower and the 400 whirlwind firepot. I could part this thing out on Ebay but I'd really rather sell it to someone who could and would use it. I rescued it from sitting outside over the last 20 years or so (previous owner didnt have any storage ugh!) and I would like to see it go to someone who can use it and take care for it the way it should be. I built a rolling base for it since everything I do has to be a mobile operation due to my lack of space and the base comes with. The forge is completely solid with the exception of one of the feet as you can see in the pic. It has almost rusted through but not quite. Would be an easy fix for someone with a welder but unfortunately I don't have a welder or a buddy with one for that matter. Only other issue is it is missing the wooden handle on the blower. Other then that it is good to go.

I was asking $350 for this but for someone on the forum I'll let it go for SOLD . Feel free to give me a shout on here or my email Stoner319@aol.com. Thanks a lot guys and any questions feel free to ask.

Shawn

forge005.jpg

forge003.jpg

forge008.jpg

forge009.jpg

forge006.jpg

Edited by Shawn Stoner

dude keep it and set your new gas forge right on top of it that way if you want to do some coal work you still can

dude keep it and set your new gas forge right on top of it that way if you want to do some coal work you still can

That's the best advice I've heard all day! Shawn, unless you're hurting for the cash, Brandon is right. You've obviously put a lot of TLC into that forge. It'll make a dandy stand for your new gas forge, and it'll be there when you need to go with solid fuel. Of course, sometimes we need cash more than even good tools, but it usually ends up being a regrettable choice. Either way, good luck!

Luke

As much as I'd like to do that, It's kind of a one or the other thing for me right now. This would pay for the other forge. You guys know how it is with other commitments like family, living, eating, etc. (though lord knows I could do without that eating thing for a while haha) If I could afford to keep it and build a propane forge I would but sadly it's not to be. Thanks for the comments and see ya around.

Shawn