Introducing....my humble little AWESOME PRESS

Greetings, all! As far as price goes, I sold one to Micheal O'Macherly for $650 and that was too low, but a Grand is probably too much, so somewhere in there. This is a new product so pricing is always tough. Here's a picture of a press mounted onto one of my air hammers ; a winning combination!

profile_shot.jpg

Greetings, all! As far as price goes, I sold one to Micheal O'Macherly for $650 and that was too low, but a Grand is probably too much, so somewhere in there. This is a new product so pricing is always tough. Here's a picture of a press mounted onto one of my air hammers ; a winning combination!

Looks incredible Ted, how much does the unit weigh? Do you sell them with dies or just the bare unit? Im counting my money right now to see how much more I need to get one

It does have some weight to it...maybe 250 pounds. I originally just had fixed dies, then I saw a Mosaic Damascus DVD by Ed Caffrey that blew me away and convinced me to make them changeable. The actual die constuction is simple ; you can use mild steel without problems...so it's not a big cost. It does, however, require really good full-penetration welding on all parts ; 20 tons is a lot of force. There are a number of shipping companies close to me so I could inquire about special rates (bribe a driver w/ a free knife).This press is designed to accept a standard 20 ton air/hydraulic Jack..they just slide right in without modification. One way to save weight on shipping would be for you to get your own cylinder at Harbor Freight or Northern Tools & Equipment : they run for as little as 60 bucks plus always get the extended "in-store replacement".