Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Pringle

An Ideal Vacation!

Here's an excerpt from a release form that turns out to also be a description of my idea vacation spot!

The actual location has been redacted to preserve an air of exclusivity and make the form look even more official gov't...

Read it carefully, #6 says you will bear the full cost of all search and rescue activities!!!

:ph34r::lol:B)

VACATION.jpg

I think I've stayed there- the Heaven on Earth Inn in Denver, right? Nice place- great ambiance. My room door still had marks from the police battering ram, the carpet had a burn that looked a lot like a flashbang scorch, and at 2 am a hooker showed up at my door and wouldn't believe me when I tried to tell her she had the wrong room. Ah, the joys of traveling broke in college. :lol:

I had a similar room in Sparks, Nevada once upon a time, except for the puke stains on the carpet and the shotgun blast through the door, patched on the outside but very visible inside, including the pellet holes above the headboard... :blink:

The disclaimer reminds me of digging shovel tests on the artillery impact area at Ft. Polk. The range safety officer told us that if we hit metal, just leave the shovel where it was and walk away very slowly, trying not to cause any vibrations. :ph34r:

Here's an excerpt from a release form that turns out to also be a description of my idea vacation spot!

The actual location has been redacted to preserve an air of exclusivity and make the form look even more official gov't...

Read it carefully, #6 says you will bear the full cost of all search and rescue activities!!!

:ph34r::lol:B)

VACATION.jpg

Vacation spot, hell I want to buy land right in the middle and build my house. Hopefully that will keep the riff raff out. The only problem I can for see is that the UPS guy might have a problem delivering my knife making supply's.

Tony G :ph34r:

That may have been the prenup for my first wedding. Cause the next 8 years seemed a whole lot like that

Wooooow. May as well say "all extra-tersasrials are property of U.S. Goverment". That's gotta be area 51.

And where the hell did you find that sign, ty?

Wooooow. May as well say "all extra-tersasrials are property of U.S. Goverment". That's gotta be area 51.

And where the hell did you find that sign, ty?

that sign was actually done by a covert graffiti artist by the name of Banksy. he pulls off some really crazy stuff like hanging up his own stuff in the Louvre and the Met in NYC.

Banksy Wiki

Edited by Ty Murch

i think thats a very dangerous sign ..

main because if i were to see that sign in my travels, i couldnt possibly leave the area without first witnessing what it warned of....id spend days and months there waiting.

skydiving bovine ... who could POSSIBLY pass that by????

exactly.

me either.

^_^

So this has got me thinking: what would be everyone's ideal vacation?

I know mine must sound far-feched, but I would love to go to an island, just about anywhere, with my friends, and just party and forge for a month. That or take my girlfriend to japan.

A month straight in my forge!

Meh, that's nothing! I like to spend my holidays with drunken Irishmen equiped with swords and other weapons, in places filled with swamps, mineshafts far away from civilisation, playing with fire, liquid metal etc :)

Meh, that's nothing! I like to spend my holidays with drunken Irishmen equiped with swords and other weapons, in places filled with swamps, mineshafts far away from civilisation, playing with fire, liquid metal etc :)

Mine is described in the disclaimer form, and it is the Yakima Training Center. Been there done that in the Army our of Fort Lewis. Unlike the civilians who signed the form we were assumed / trianed to be smart enough to not touch anything. visit the training center regularly during winter ( between training exercises by the army ) to shoot coyotes at the "Yak". I love the place. Just make sure to looking where you step and staying well away from any "UO" and rattlesnakes. I have signed that form several times as a civilian and always find it amusing.

Other than that the best vacation ever would be Christmas Island with nothing in sight but white sand, blue water, and thousands of fish to catch on the fly for a month. Throw in my wife in her bikini with her fly rod bent double and it's paradise.

Clay

Other than that the best vacation ever would be Christmas Island with nothing in sight but white sand, blue water, and thousands of fish to catch on the fly for a month. Throw in my wife in her bikini with her fly rod bent double and it's paradise.

No Beaches to speak of on Christmas Island mate ( unless there is more than one Christmas island in the world ) . Lots of cliffs that dont stop till they hit the ocean floor .... a loooooonnngggg way down. Bloody red crabs everywhere , and detention centres for illegal imigrants

Sounds tops. Fishing is outstanding , and the diving is amazing but Maldives is where you wanna be if you want the sand B) .