Sign in to follow this  
Raymond Richard

Local boy does good.......

Another long weekend spent at a knife show. I wish the announcement of a depression could have waiting till after Blade West. Anyway I think the move to a new location was a goodone. There seemed to be a fair amount of traffic through the show all 3 days. Sales for most were down including myself but whats new. If it wasn't for Sunday I would have had no sales at all so at least I made expenses. I had a few nice surprises. My favorite was my 10 pound bag of Walla Walla sweet onions that Bruce Bump brought me. Thanks Bruce and Kaye! I did manage to walk out the door with 3 pieces of plastic. I was in shock with that but it could have been the 3 beers.

IMG_0701.JPG

I wasn't sure how to photograph the plastic but the onion is recognizable.

Congratulations, Raymond, that's some nice plastic! B) I can read the big one in the middle, what are the other two for? Best use of an onion in an awards display? ;)

Another long weekend spent at a knife show. I wish the announcement of a depression could have waiting till after Blade West. Anyway I think the move to a new location was a goodone. There seemed to be a fair amount of traffic through the show all 3 days. Sales for most were down including myself but whats new. If it wasn't for Sunday I would have had no sales at all so at least I made expenses. I had a few nice surprises. My favorite was my 10 pound bag of Walla Walla sweet onions that Bruce Bump brought me. Thanks Bruce and Kaye! I did manage to walk out the door with 3 pieces of plastic. I was in shock with that but it could have been the 3 beers.

IMG_0701.JPG

I wasn't sure how to photograph the plastic but the onion is recognizable.

Nice Onion !

Tony G

Congratulations, Raymond, that's some nice plastic! B) I can read the big one in the middle, what are the other two for? Best use of an onion in an awards display? ;)

Alan, Actually the other two awards were for personality most like an onion and head that most resembled an onion. :rolleyes: Best Fighter and Best Sword......

How was Bowie's hammer thing? I wish it wasn't so far away. I'd sure love to attend it someday.

Three awards may surprise you but for those of us who admire your work it is no surprise at all, congrats.

Walla Walla Sweet, the best onion on the planet. Wade

Congrats Ray, well deserved to say the least! Now all you need is some tempura batter mix and real hot peanut oil for those walla sweets.

I saw you at the show, but you were too busy signing autographs. :P

Congrats on the awards and forging demo.

Congrats Ray, well deserved to say the least! Now all you need is some tempura batter mix and real hot peanut oil for those walla sweets.
Yes. Marquenching is the best way to heat treat wallas. :D

Way to go Ray they are nice onions and some cool plastic very well deserved!

Bob

Congrats Ray,

Wish I had forced myself to sit in on your demo, but I had to sneak out during the mid day. Sorry it sounded like an overall slow show, but your knives look better up close than in the great pics that you share.

Take care, Craig

Congratulations

Now, Whats wrong with that. Ain't shabby for an old arthitic, cow farmer, fisherman.Grin.

Congrats on the plastic and the bragging rights on the onions.LOL.

chuck

I thought for sure one of them had to be for GUY MOST LIKELY TO BURN HIS FEET WHILE FORGING- SANDALS DIVISION

At any rate, well deserved awards...and the onion, well, its a nice one! We put vidalia onions in a convection oven with worcestershire and butter stuffed down in the core. I've heard those WW's are about as sweet. Good eating to you, Raymond.

I thought for sure one of them had to be for GUY MOST LIKELY TO BURN HIS FEET WHILE FORGING- SANDALS DIVISION

At any rate, well deserved awards...and the onion, well, its a nice one! We put vidalia onions in a convection oven with worcestershire and butter stuffed down in the core. I've heard those WW's are about as sweet. Good eating to you, Raymond.

As far as forging goes I did the forging demo at Blade West in sandals. No burns and no one got to see my famous slag dance.

I'll have to try the onions cooked. So far I've eater just about a whole one raw by myself. After I ate the first half everyone left. Those are some fine onions!

Here's a picture of the two that won. Never entered anything in sword before but figured I had a 50/50 chance of wining it. The little knife is the fighter that won. Its only got a 12" blade. There's a reason I call the big one Jumbo.....

IMG_0707.JPG

Edited by Raymond Richard

Alan, Actually the other two awards were for personality most like an onion and head that most resembled an onion. :rolleyes: Best Fighter and Best Sword......

How was Bowie's hammer thing? I wish it wasn't so far away. I'd sure love to attend it someday.

Hmmm.... Dunno that I'd call Jumbo a sword, but I wouldn't argue with the man holding it, that's for sure! :ph34r: I remember the fighter, and love it. Pointypointypointy!

Bowie's was great as usual, there's a thread down on the "events" forum that talks about it. Somebody better put up a picture of me doing something cool, that's all I can say. ;) Mmmmm, onions...

Hmmm.... Dunno that I'd call Jumbo a sword, but I wouldn't argue with the man holding it, that's for sure! :ph34r: I remember the fighter, and love it. Pointypointypointy!

Bowie's was great as usual, there's a thread down on the "events" forum that talks about it. Somebody better put up a picture of me doing something cool, that's all I can say. ;) Mmmmm, onions...

I never intended for Jumbo to be a sword. I just noticed the other piece in the sword pile for judging. It wasn't a sword either so I stuck it in there. I figured it had the best chance there.

Hey Ray it was nice seeing you at the show, I thought one of those awards was for most resembling Papa Smurf ;)

Hey Ray it was nice seeing you at the show, I thought one of those awards was for most resembling Papa Smurf ;)

Papa Smurf? Its nice to feel the love. It was good to see you out and about. Hope you continue to mend.......

Papa Smurf? Its nice to feel the love. It was good to see you out and about. Hope you continue to mend.......

I am glad Ray we all love ya man :D. I did forget to bring the set of birds eye pine scales i have for you :(.

I am glad Ray we all love ya man :D. I did forget to bring the set of birds eye pine scales i have for you :(.

Mike, You got to remember I'm over 60. I've had CRS for at least 10 years. Forgot all about the scales. Hey where's my scales........ :unsure:

was looking at a recent blade magazine over the weekend , saw a block about the knife show , and low and behold Ray's blade was shown in the block ,

hay Ray I spoz now you can say you been published!!

way to go RAY!!!!!!

Mike

Member: Cal Knives

ABS: apprentice

Edited by mike desensi

was looking at a recent blade magazine over the weekend , saw a block about the knife show , and low and behold Ray's blade was shown in the block ,

hay Ray I spoz now you can say you been published!!

way to go RAY!!!!!!

Mike

Member: Cal Knives

ABS: apprentice

Mike, Thanks for the heads up! If I make it in town I'll have to see if that issue is in.