I'm in sooooo much trouble

Doug Lester

My lady friend just left and I'm in so much trouble. She left me with a list of things that she wants cleaned up around my house...my house. :huh: She also gave me a list of things I need to get her so that she can start cleaning here. My place is comfortable, it's lived in, I like it. So I have a band saw and a belt grinder in the living room, that's where I use it. I guess it's like that old saying, love means always having to say you're sorry. :blink:

Doug Lester :unsure:

HELP...I'm a twenty year old trapped in the body of an old man!!!

Maybe you could make a doily or cozy to put over the power equipment when you're not using it. Something that will accent the colors allready in the living room. Just make sure the pattern is not too "busy" for the color scheme.

Everything I need to know I learned from the people trapped in my basement.

I'm out of my mind but feel free to leave a message.

....... Chicks dig candles.

And kittens!

And kittens!

But what happens when they grow up? Just one more thing to clean up after :lol:

Bob O

"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints."

My Website

Face it, Doug is going to end up on an episode of "Work that room" with....

C'mon....Christopher could spiff up the living room and have it looking "just fabulous" in no time at all.

Edited by B Finnigan

Hummmm...I wonder how a coupl'a those mirrors would go around in indoor hot tub...maybe a steam room.

I'm just having to adjust from being on my own to having to take into account another's wants and needs. I shouldn't complain, she's really not all that demanding and she finds the idea of moving to Illinois with me some time next year to be rather appealing.

About time to end this break and slay some more dust bunnies.

Doug Lester

My lady friend just left and I'm in so much trouble. She left me with a list of things that she wants cleaned up around my house...my house. :huh: She also gave me a list of things I need to get her so that she can start cleaning here. My place is comfortable, it's lived in, I like it. So I have a band saw and a belt grinder in the living room, that's where I use it.
Uhm, doesn't everyone? :huh:

I should'a been suspecious when she said "I don't want to change you"
Well, not you, just your room, clothing, how you behave, speak, think etc. But you can stay just the way you are ;)

Jeroen Zuiderwijk

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/barbarianmetalworking

Doug, I can hear that whip crack all the way over here in Ohio.

By the way thanks for the ammo. Everytime my wife complains about not being able to get her car in the her garage / my shop I can point at you and say but at least I don't have it set up in the living room like Doug.

Edited by Adlai Stein

Adlai

Klatu Baratta Necktie!

Macabee Knives

Adlai, when ya don't have'a garage a guys got ta do what'eze got ta do. BTW, she says I can keep the grinder and the bandsaw in the living room, I just have to clear off the table and move it into the kitchen so that we have somewhere to sit and eat. Somehow I get the feeling that she's trying to ease her way into the house.

Doug Lester

Edited by Doug Lester

That's how it always starts. They are masters of all the "boiling frog" techniques.

Well, not you, just your room, clothing, how you behave, speak, think etc. But you can stay just the way you are ;)

LOL isn't that the truth!!

The worst part is when you finally get around to fitting all their infinite multitudes of daily changing needs...they begin to wonder why they don't like you much anymore :unsure:

I learned that one early...now I do juuuuust enough 'wrong' to make her think I still need fixing (and to remind myself occasionally I still have a pair...)...without causing too much chaos around the house lol. Since I figured that out, we're happier than we've ever been. She still has a purpose, and I get to keep some of my lazy bad habits. Funny thing...I told my Dad...he just looked at me sort of funny. My parents have always had a pretty smooth relationship, but things sure seem smoother around their house now too lol.

Sounds like you might have a good one Doug...just don't ever 'fix' completely, or she'll forget why she liked you in the first place =).

Cris

Slow is smooth, smooth is steady, steady is fast, fast is deadly... Erik R.

http://www.facebook.com/scorpionforge

This is possibly the best idea ever.

My wife likes to talk about how at one time, I rebuilt an engine on the dining room table...I built the table and I built my workbench and I knew that my workbench wouldn't take the weight :D

Next christmas, my wife bought me a really nice engine stand :D

If you work it right, you can benefit too

1 in 5 people are muslims. What do you know about Islam?

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I ain't in trouble no more. Ginger called me a week ago and told me that she couldn't deal with the age difference and she was moving on. Now when she was hinting real heavy that she wanted to go out with me, I did bring up the age difference and the fact that we would have to consider the ramifications (FYI, I'm 21yrs older). She said that that wasn't a big concern with her and that there were industrialized nations where that much of a difference wouldn't be out of the line of normal. She was also someone that I have worked with on and off for about 12 yrs and we never made any secret about our ages. We even worked together at our former job for about 2yrs. It seems like that she went from looking at inexpensive wedding rings as we stroled through Wal-Mart to not returning my phone calls over night. I'd understand if we had a big fight or something but we didn't.

Well, I only put off moving back to Illinois to see if she and I were able to develope a relationship; I guess I have my answere. I'm old enough to know that being in love with her, or at least thinking that I was, is not even half of the story so I guess it's time to pack up and move on. I was kind of down for a couple of days but I'm doing ok now. The only thing that gets me is that none of my marriages just came to a screeching halt like that. What can you say...life happens, then it doesn't any more. :blink:

Doug Lester

Doug, I can hear that whip crack all the way over here in Ohio.

By the way thanks for the ammo. Everytime my wife complains about not being able to get her car in the her garage / my shop I can point at you and say but at least I don't have it set up in the living room like Doug.

Tell her to quit parking in your workshop :)

DJ, I'll be moving to Decatur or at least somewhere in the neighborhood; it depends on where I can get a job. My rent's payed through the end of the year so I'll take some time to get things packed up and finish up a couple of knives that I have in the works. I might even start a new blade next week just to try out some 52100 that I got a while back. Might give you a yodel (dammit, I need to find a dictionary that has all the words I don't know how to spell) when I get the "puter set back up.

Will, about your reply to Adlai's reply, I really think that he may be trying to keep out of trouble.

Doug Lester