Springs

shane45

My brother decided he needed his TA to ride a little lower so of course I did him a big favor and disposed of all his stock springs for him. I know, I know Im a nice guy :D . Anyway anyone ever use the springs out of a WS6 trans am?

Shane

Shane I really don't like mystery metal but you can't argue with the price point here and it's probably a large supply so you will be able to use the data that you work up for quite a while. There's a real good chance that it will be something like 5160 or 9260. The problem with used springs is that they sometimes develope stress fractures that may not show up until you grind your blade.

Doug Lester

HELP...I'm a twenty year old trapped in the body of an old man!!!

Understood. Since it is mystery metal, it probably would be good to use to get aquianted with taking hamer to metal Im thinking... Still aquiring odds and ends so some scap to play with is probably usefull. Im not a fan of investing a lot of time and effort on substandard things so when the likelyhood of ruining whatever im working on diminishes with a little experience, I will surely be using known components for a more predictable yield. But right now Im barely above a monkey with a rock :D Im hairless at least! Thanks for the reply.

Hi Shane,

Some other resources to try include ls1tech.com and afbforums.com. The '98-'02 f-bodies pretty much all use the same aftermarket "parts" (e.g., brakes, suspension, etc.), so if you find out for one, the others should be the same. And no, you cannot have MY '01 WS6 springs... :lol:

Thanks,

Brian K.

Brian K.

Rogue Amateur and Weekend Hobbyist