E-bay power hammers

Doesn't look like enough to get 1 working on from both of them!

I had no idea Nazels were gear driven, that is fascinating.

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

guys 2k for a `100lb plus hammer in that condition.....the fella is all but giving that machine away.... sweet looking hammer!!!i had my eye on one several years back but it was in really poor shape...... this puppy is going ta make someone a great hammer.... if you buy it for no other reason buy it because its american!!!

just looked at the pic of that hammer again closely......its rubbers seem in good shape too!!! bonus!!

Edited by blacklionforge

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart,and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart...

• 1 month later...

Jackpot this week folks.

Its hard to even choose... so many self contained hammers...

33lb anyang

Milford, Delaware

end - Sep 21

starting bid - 3,000

50 lbs kuhn

Ellicott City, Maryland

end - Sep 23

buy it now - 6,000

200 lbs chambersburg

Provo, Utah

end - Sep 24

starting bid - 10,000

Mike Lambiase

Mike Lambiase

Burning Man Forge

Jackpot this week folks.

Its hard to even choose... so many self contained hammers...

33lb anyang

Milford, Delaware

end - Sep 21

starting bid - 3,000

50 lbs kuhn

Ellicott City, Maryland

end - Sep 23

buy it now - 6,000

200 lbs chambersburg

Provo, Utah

end - Sep 24

starting bid - 10,000

Mike Lambiase

For anyone interested, I lowered the Anyang 33 to $2600.....

I honestly think the anyang would sell very quickly if you waved a flap disc in an angle grinder over it to blend the chips out, and gave it a quick coat of hammerite paint, 1 hour, max! They are a great hammer, and you aint going to wear one out in a hurry :)

sorry if this comment is out of line, but I sell 30+ hammers of all shapes and sizes a year, and I can state, as near to a fact as there is, that even the most died in the wool hardcore 'its just a tool' blacksmiths want it to look nice, even just for a bit untill they mess it up again!

I honestly think the anyang would sell very quickly if you waved a flap disc in an angle grinder over it to blend the chips out, and gave it a quick coat of hammerite paint, 1 hour, max! They are a great hammer, and you aint going to wear one out in a hurry :)

sorry if this comment is out of line, but I sell 30+ hammers of all shapes and sizes a year, and I can state, as near to a fact as there is, that even the most died in the wool hardcore 'its just a tool' blacksmiths want it to look nice, even just for a bit untill they mess it up again!

John,

I agree with you about the paint job but I'm laid up and cant do anything about it.....hell, I cant even make it out of the house....

Sorry Irish, should have figured there was a reason. I think youll sell it soon, ive had people asking me questions about it from a blacksmithing site!(I sell the anyang hammers in the UK, so ofter get asked for advice!)

all the best with your sale.

• 3 weeks later...

I took the plunge,

I just bought that little Kuhn instead of the 135 Say-Mak I was looking into.

It will be replacing my home-built tire hammer.

Between the 50 lbs Kuhn and my 24 ton press, I should be able to do everything the Say-Mak can do.

Wish me luck.

Mike Lambiase

Mike Lambiase

Burning Man Forge

I am interested to see your opinions on the hammer Mike.

Edited by Sam Salvati

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

• 7 months later...

Steel is my canvas, a hammer my brush.

that scranton looks to be about the size of the one i have....lb for lb it will go toe to toe with a fairbanks or bradley truely an "industrial" hammer.... this one thats posted seems to be missing the idler arm and idler pully...other wise seems to look in good shape...the "snap" you can get out of hammers like this is amazing.... hope someone on this board gets that sweetie!!!

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart,and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart...

• 2 weeks later...