Sign in to follow this  
Svet

Sword FOR SALE

I am selling this medieval-style broadsword (word?).

It was custom made somewhere in the 1960's for a Communist colonel as a gift for his retirement.

Blade is unsharpened, looks made out of stainless steel.

Sheath is made of very thick and solid leather and bears a stamp with the coat of arms of the city the sword was made in.

Has two pommels (tassels?), made of leather strips and sports solid brass diamond-shaped decorations.

Sword mimics the look of the medieval swords that were used in my country.

It's more of a wallhanger but I find it cool because it is unique, was custom made and has some history.

Will let it go for $209 with shipping included.

I ship overseas and accept PayPal.

PHOTOS:

s5000096bn6.jpg

s5000097ji6.jpg

s5000099es1.jpg

s5000101rl5.jpg

s5000102wc6.jpg

s5000103lo8.jpg

Greetings,

Listen, I don't mean to be a "rules lawyer" or anything, but the description that Don wrote for this thread says:

"This forum is to provide a place for members to offer their knives for sale. No dealer or commercial postings, but if you have a knife that you made and would like to offer it for sale please feel free to post. "

This leads me to believe he intended this thread for members to sell the knives they made themselves. Not just any knife/sword you own and want to sell.

Personally, I believe the spirit of this forum is less Ebay and more community. We get to know the guys on this forum. Thus, when we see their knives for sale, it has meaning beyond the merely transactional. It's not: "Oh neat, cool sword for sale, made by some dude," but rather: "Cool! Jake posted a new knife for sale."

Anyway, just my two cents . . . I'm sure you did not mean to go against the grain.

Others, please chime in if you disagree or think I'm out of line here.

--Dave

Eh, it's not like Svet is trying to run a business off of selling someone else's blades. He just happens to have an ostensibly unique piece that might appeal more to the people who frequent this forum than most other places. I doubt anyone would have had a problem if he'd put it up on eBay and then posted a link to his auction. Obviously, it would be a different story if someone tried to use the For Sale forum to turn over every P.O.S. cutter he found at his local flea market, but that doesn't seem to be the case here at all.

One, like this, is cool. If it were #5 in a series of obvious manufactured blades, I'd throw the foul flag. Or wait until Don does... it's his forum after all.

Thanks for commenting on this posting. I really do want to keep the knives for sale limited to your own making otherwise we will be flooded with stuff and that will change the nature and direction of this forum.

Hi folks, I totally forgot about this topic.

If it is breaking the rules, then PLEASE delete it.

Regards