The whole piece is nice. Love the habaki, never seen one like that before. Nice proportions, and great finish. Beautiful work. Jim

Thanke you all for your kind words, it was realy fun and exiting to build this knife.

I forged the habaki from copper, the finish is sand blasted and clored with / Schwefelleber/ for the black color.

Jarek this is spoken for but I can build somthing in this direction for you, give me a mail ore PM, thanks.

I wish you all a wonderfull last day in this year and a great start in 2009, take care be save and have fun.

Edited by Ulrich Hennicke

I have another question that I *know* nobody will be able to answer, but I'm asking it anyway because it's the one I always think of when I see somethin gorgeous like this. The question is : how do you get it to be so *perfect*? I mean, just take the little window on the habaki. I could conceiveably cut that out and file the sides straight, but no matter how hard I try, it won't look like this. It's like my hands just can't do yet what my mind can already see. I can hear someone saying something like "Years and years and years.." :lol: