Sign in to follow this  
Archie Zietman

What to Make with Wrought Iron

Hello!

I just got some wrought iron: Two 6 inch long chunk of fairly coarse 1 inch round, and about a foot of very fine grained 1/2 inch round. What shall i make with them? I'm thinking of making some san-mai wrought iron and railroad clip chinese chef knives. The 1/2 inch I have no idea what to do with it.

be merry!

Archie

You can't do anything with that, its completly useless. Throw it in a box and ship it over here and I will dispose of it for you ;)

Wrought iron San Mai sounds interesting. And if you cant come up with other things to make with the 1/2" it should make some nice furniture for blades, bolsters, guards, spacers, pommels, etc. And if those uses don't sound appealing, the offer above still stands :D;)

I've been wanting to do some more wrought san mai, it can come out with a pretty cool pattern, I've got a satoku I made that way early on.

How about a 160 year old shot glass?

shotglass2-web.jpg

How about a 160 year old shot glass?

That's cool, but I bet it tastes terrible! :)

-d

My wife used her power of spousal asset seizure and made it a candle holder. But I did have to christen it with some Glenlivet single malt scotch first. And yes it did have a bit of ferro overtones to it.

Edited by B Finnigan

My wife used her power of spousal asset seizure and made it a candle holder. But I did have to christen it with some Glenlivet single malt scotch first. And yes it did have a bit of ferro overtones to it.

The pipe I made from steel......pipe had the same tones of steel.