Sign in to follow this  
Cadillac Forge

dewalt portable bandsaw stand

theres been alot topics lately about portabands, and buildings stands or clamping it in a vise, i havent seen any post with good pics so l posted these hope it helps someone, got the dewalt for xmas, built the stand today, very pleased with both, theres better saws out there but not for this money. bb

bandsaw_003__Small_.jpgbandsaw_002__Small_.jpg

it's not my idea, i copied the basic idea the best i could from poor pics on a ebay listing, they sell for $75.00, i made mine out of scrap steel i had laying around, you remove the material guide on the saw 2 allen screws and slide the saw on the table reinstall the two screws, and yes it is quite stable and quick and easy to convert back to portaband heres a better pic of the table and connection point, the screws are contersunk for a flat table the table size is 6'' x 8'' any more questions feel free to ask.. bruce

bandsaw_005__Small_.jpg

Bruce,

That looks great.

Regards,

Fred

it's not my idea, i copied the basic idea the best i could from poor pics on a ebay listing, they sell for $75.00, i made mine out of scrap steel i had laying around, you remove the material guide on the saw 2 allen screws and slide the saw on the table reinstall the two screws, and yes it is quite stable and quick and easy to convert back to portaband heres a better pic of the table and connection point, the screws are contersunk for a flat table the table size is 6'' x 8'' any more questions feel free to ask.. bruce

bandsaw_005__Small_.jpg

On 12/29/2008 at 8:34 PM, Cadillac Forge said:

bandsaw_005__Small_.jpg

Great concept. Building mine today. Next job is a power hammer.