The last knife for a while

I managed to finish my brother's fighter while home from AIT. The blade is just about 7" long, and it is about 11 over all. the handle is green/gray G10 and the guard is brass. I've got one more hole to drill for a piece of 550 cord to be attached. It'll be off to Iraq as soon as the sheath is made. I hope everyone has a happy new year, I'm on my way back to AIT.

DSC_2140.jpg

DSC_2138.jpg

Edited by Bob Ouellette

Great Knife Bob. Your brother will be proud to carry it and It'll serve him well.

I got an e-mail from my sister in-law who is curently serving in Iraq. She said she got to use the knife I made for her in a combat zone. The cheese and salami didn't put up much of a fight though. :lol:

Good looking blade.

Good luck to you and your brother.

That knife looks dependable enough to stake your life on, seriously Bob, great job.

Very nice knife, it looks like it would save his life in a jiffy. Hope that doesn't happen though.

Greg

Thanks for the replies everyone. I managed to find the internet for a while today. I don't get to use it often up here at school.

Great Knife Bob. Your brother will be proud to carry it and It'll serve him well.

I got an e-mail from my sister in-law who is curently serving in Iraq. She said she got to use the knife I made for her in a combat zone. The cheese and salami didn't put up much of a fight though. :lol:

That's pretty funny Adlai. My brother says that people in his unit get mad because they spent $200+ on a knife that they only use to open packages :P I told him he wouldn't have the same issue since his was free.

Bob, By far the best knife I have seen you make! Looks all business. Your brother will be proud to carry it! Here's wishing you both a safe and quite tour!

Ray, I think this is the best knife I have made. Each one is getting better and better. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) I'll only be working on small arms and artillery until mid to late April. I can't say that I don't like it, but I do miss my knives.

Bob

nice one .......hope your brother nevers needs to use it on anything more threatening than salomi& cheese........

Making one for youself?

dck

Thanks Dick, I hope he never needs to use it anything more threatening than a mailed package, but I'll be happy knowing he has it there to use, once the sheath gets done. I'll have time to make one for myself when I get out of school. But until then, the only fire I'll see or get to use is a cigarette lighter :lol: For some reason, I don't think the Army wants me to be making knives when I should be learning how to fix all the weapons they've got. I guess I'll just have to drive on and suffer through fixing all those machine guns and howitzers.

I want to add that I forgot to thank Jeremy Vaught for sending me the G10. It was my first time working with it, and it is an interesting material.

I hope everyone is doing well. I may have another chance to use the internet in the future, but there's no telling when that'll be. Take care everyone.

Edited by Bob Ouellette