The Vent

Ty Murch

send it to them in loose change. it's heavy as hell.

and THEY pay for the mail costs. XD that's how i pay my fines. it ends up costing them more than it does me.

edit: especially if you do it in all pennies. i got a really angry phone call over doing that, but i just told them "that's all i had" and there was nothing they could do about it. i think i overpaid, too.

Edited by C Daniel

i only need 3 things to be happy: my girlfriend, my forge, and fruit juice.

Casey W Daniel

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.

My life is like shaving with a razor sharp machete. It's a bit awkward and I feel a sting every now and then, but in the end I'm happy with the results.

and THEY pay for the mail costs. XD that's how i pay my fines. it ends up costing them more than it does me.

edit: especially if you do it in all pennies. i got a really angry phone call over doing that, but i just told them "that's all i had" and there was nothing they could do about it. i think i overpaid, too.

props :applause:

It was in the news recently in the UK that someone tried the same but the council refused the payment in pennies, the problem is that the poor sod didn't know that the council was in the wrong. Even if it costs them more to collect it is still money and not to accept it would be illegal.

Grey hair and alopecia are signs of age, not of wisdom...

Rósta að, maðr!

Haha, yeah, I thought about doing that, actually, but I'm cursed with an honest nature, so I just paid it online. I have to say, though, I am tempted to pay a homeless person to spray paint over the cameras. Apparently people have sprayed them with Silly String and stuck Post-Its on them, but those come off easily--spray paint you have to scrape off and put a little effort into :)

I just spent hours filing the shoulders of a Bowie till they were Perfect......put on the guard and now see spots of daylight between the guard and shoulders....Uggg !!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." — Mark Twain

just got an integral up to 220, and found a crack in the spine halfway down the blade. tapped it on the edge of the table, and it split right in half!

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

ok .. here be a couple i need off my back ..

first a pox on the person who drove into the back of my car (that used to be my mums car) ... while i was stationary in a parking lot ... sheesh ..

i couldnt believe it ... i was just sitting there in plain sight .. for all to see .. and this guy runs into the back of me ..

i got out and shook my head and asked the guy "was i going to fast for you or something?"

whats worst is when i told him the quote i got to repair said car ... he starts ranting about how it was a little tap and he shouldnt have to pay that kind of money blah blah blah ..

and then a general ugh directed to the so called friend who messages me and tells me that if i dont return the article of clothing that i borrowed, they will call the police and have it removed from my house.

and when i tell them ill bring it back right away and we can just ignore each other from then on - im accused of being "snippy" ...

i really really dont get people ..

im starting to be ever more thankful that i spend most of my time locked away alone with just my cat.

deeDWF4.jpg

why doesn't she just go to your house her damn self and ask for it? I hate lazy people like that.

i only need 3 things to be happy: my girlfriend, my forge, and fruit juice.

Casey W Daniel

ok .. here be a couple i need off my back ..

first a pox on the person who drove into the back of my car (that used to be my mums car) ... while i was stationary in a parking lot ... sheesh ..

i couldnt believe it ... i was just sitting there in plain sight .. for all to see .. and this guy runs into the back of me ..

i got out and shook my head and asked the guy "was i going to fast for you or something?"

whats worst is when i told him the quote i got to repair said car ... he starts ranting about how it was a little tap and he shouldnt have to pay that kind of money blah blah blah ..

and then a general ugh directed to the so called friend who messages me and tells me that if i dont return the article of clothing that i borrowed, they will call the police and have it removed from my house.

and when i tell them ill bring it back right away and we can just ignore each other from then on - im accused of being "snippy" ...

i really really dont get people ..

im starting to be ever more thankful that i spend most of my time locked away alone with just my cat.

That's a bit extreme on the police for an article of clothing. If they're going to act like that, then the ignoring might be the best =P

Really sucks about the car, way some people drive just boggles my mind. Going to work and driving through the parking lot, people are just darting all over. I'm surprised how many people just pull out in front of me as I'm pulling into the parking lot when I have the right of way. People in too big a hurry. "he shouldnt have to pay that kind of money blah blah blah .. " That's when you go "Well you shouldn't have hit me then if you didn't wanna pay it"

Beau Erwin

www.ErwinKnives.com

Custom knives

Bcarta Composites

Stabilized Woods

I have been fighting the Mokume Gane fight for 2 years now. I have some successes and then some catastrophic failures.

Yesterday was a failure! Any time I use brass I just get it too hot. That issue coupled with my new forge putting out heat like a small star and brass pours everywhere!

Just my vent,

JJ

Well, I'd like to place a serious complaint against there being far to few hours in a day. Doing 8 hours work, eating, sleeping, housekeeping barely leaves a few hours left to play with metal, that is if I'm lucky. There are way too many other things competing with that leftover time as well. I vote we change days to 100 hours (while still working and sleeping etc. the regular amount of course). Grr, need to make much more sharpies! :)

Jeroen Zuiderwijk

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/barbarianmetalworking

Wow I barely know where to begin. But finally I can say it. One year ago my ex wife accused me of molesting my stepdaughter. I spent the last year in hell as I was put on leave of absence form my job with out pay. Evicted from two homes, and lost my truck. I had Social Services come in 3 weeks before my trial and take my son away. I spent 30 days in jail and every day since hoping for a not guilty verdict. Well I got my verdict of not guilty, and I might get my job back. My rant is the stupid **ckin **tch had the nerve to try and talk to me after the trial.

I now have my son coming back to me soon I hope. My life is a little better but still ruined because of a bitter ex wife.

Ok I feel much better, oh there were about 47 curse words I left out LOL

John W Smith
www.smith-forge.org

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.

[Points to sword]

This you can trust

John I'm really sorry to hear that. I kinda understand, but more through the eyes of your son. Same thing happened to my stepdad (who I consider my Dad!) because my real "father"'s wife was a bitch and wanted to start some crap. Tore us up. But it all worked out. My Dad (stepdad) got us and I grew up better.

My life is like shaving with a razor sharp machete. It's a bit awkward and I feel a sting every now and then, but in the end I'm happy with the results.

Well it is all behind me now I just have to deal with DSS to get my son back. And I do believe in karma and I also believe in natural consequences as well. So I will live my life well and I will love m new family hard with all the love I can give.

Thanks guys

John W Smith
www.smith-forge.org

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.

[Points to sword]

This you can trust

• 2 weeks later...

Well crap,

Metal in the eye I think. Light sensitive, sore puffy and blinking. Sucks I know how to diagnose this!!

So dam much work to do. No time for this......

I'll be looking like a pirate by evening I think!

Finding out I will be getting two surgeries in the last four days. Not enough time to let it sink in and then four days later another bomb dropped. I guess that's where the saying "When it rains it pours" comes from.

Everything I need to know I learned from the people trapped in my basement.

I'm out of my mind but feel free to leave a message.

John,

I feel for you! I got punched out by a 120 lb blonde ( ex-wife ) after telling her I was filing for divorce. Just for background, I am a 6'4", 235lb former soldier and skilled in the martial arts. Nothing I could do but take it as I headed out of the house. I took my beating like a man and left as soon as I could get past her. Even better two days later her "friend" called me in to the local cops for domestic violence even though she didn't have a mark on her. After 16 months and $18,000 the case ends in a not guilty finding and a jury that asked the prosecuter why she was not being charged and why I was in court in the first place. Thru a mutual friend I heard she remarried and he is a drunk and a wife beater. The world is a large circular thing and sometime things that you dish out come back to haunt you (her in this case)!

As for my bit"" it is minor. I pulled a rookie mistake and got in a hurry on a hammer poll tomahawk I have been working on. I had the head 90% completed. I didn't let the poll cool enough, got in a hurry and water quenched the poll to speed up the process. I cracked that sucker rom the flat on the poll to the base of the head. After cutting off the poll, I now have a much abbreviated throwing hawk instead of a really nice field grade hammer poll hawk. Mainly I am just mad at myself for being in to big of a hurry.

Clay Walker

Ragnarok Forge

When your a Bladesmith, Stupid Hurts

After 2 months of avid searching, I'm getting really frustrated that a guy with my experience can't find a job in the industry I've been working in for a dozen years.

So I figured an afternoon/evening of hunting would make me feel better. I took a new guy with me and he figited like a 5 year old. That doesn't work out welll when hunting coyotes/bobcats/mountain lions. I may go by myself tomorrow night.

Well, I loaned my Friends and brother alot of money from my tax money that was supposed to be for setting up my shop and was supposed to get back $200 a week until they paid me off. They bought a couple big tools that made their job much easier and was singing my praises. Pfft, I has been over 2 months and they have only given me 2 payments and so I have to go to Batson's with alot less money than I had planned on. And my shop is at a standstill for the moment. My biggest gripe is that I have yet to even heat up some steel.

John/Clay, I feel your pain, Hell hath no wrath... and the legal system is not our side at all. (Somewhat similar experience.) Funny enough though I do have an EX that ended up with someone that beat her after trying for years to get me to do it. Karma I love it!

Will

• 1 month later...

ok, here be my rant.

i just dropped my gf off at work.

said our goodbyes... i reached down and pressed play on my ipod that is hooked up to my car radio ..

when suddenly my drivers side door is pulled open. :o

scared the utter hell outta me ... yanked my neck .. spun around to see a policeman standing there ..

"so... whats going on here then?"

i was asked.

i said that i was dropping off my gf for work.

and he tells me that when i saw them approach i reached into my arm rest and hid something quickly from them.

i explained that it was me turning on my ipod.

he demands that we step out of the vehicle and goes about searching it.

pulls out the rubbish thats in my caddy bin and goes so far as to read the name and addresses that were on the packing/envelopes.

asks me to turn my pockets inside out and then pats me down ..

and then tells me that me sitting in my car ... in a carpark ... is suspect behaviour ...

and when i asked questions i was shushed and keep quiet.. ???

if sitting in a carpark in a busy time and area ... and rummaging through an area of the car where a lot of people keep change and coins for such things like the parking meters that you have to feed in said carpark ... if all this is suspect ... then doesnt that mean they can search any and all people driving onto the carpark lot?

i used to have the utmost respect for police officers ..

if i hadnt gotten into bladesmithing .. id of probably become a cop in fact ..

i would help them out whenever i could...

but after tonights little run in .. i feel like im one of the criminals.

i should just never leave my workshop.

should know better by now.

:(

deeDWF4.jpg