Shobu Tanto

C.Anderson

Well, the tanto's finally all done, and I've got some pictures to post up before I send it off to Skip Gardner (to review it for me), then on to it's new owner. Try as I might, I couldn't get the hamon to show in the pictures as I wanted lol...but I'll have to live with it =). Maybe the new owner will have better luck lol. Also, the reason for the change from Osoraku to Shobu, is that in a discussion about the original recipient's preferances it came out that he wanted a wider blade, as well as a few other differences from the specifications I was given for this one. So I told him we'd sell this one, and just make another one for him =).

Also, just so you all know, the person who finally bought it requested the trial wrap in the previous videos for the finished blade...so that's how I did it!

Anyhow, here's the pictures:

DSCF8044.jpg

DSCF8046.jpg

DSCF8048.jpg

DSCF8051.jpg

DSCF8054.jpg

DSCF8057.jpg

DSCF8059.jpg

There's a couple where you can at least SEE the faintest suggestion of the hamon lol (it's much clearer and has a TON more depth in hand). I'm thinking if I'd had some sort of black backdrop to reflect into it it would have helped. Ahh well, maybe next time! Let me know what you guys think!

Cris

Slow is smooth, smooth is steady, steady is fast, fast is deadly... Erik R.

http://www.facebook.com/scorpionforge

Cris I can see the hamon and sorry I was not able to call you today had to take baby to see doctor for check-up. But I am loving the handle wrap you did modern yet encient in ways.

I love that thing.

John W Smith
www.smith-forge.org

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.

[Points to sword]

This you can trust

Cris I can see the hamon and sorry I was not able to call you today had to take baby to see doctor for check-up. But I am loving the handle wrap you did modern yet encient in ways.

I love that thing.

Thanks John, and no worries on the call...babies are always first! You've got the number now...use it whenever you like =).

I kind of like the wrap myself. For some reason it goes well with this blade I think. I didn't want to sell it that way...but the guy who bought it actually requested it after seeing the youtube video lol.

Cris

I love that thing.

Thanks Willie =D.

I was really kind of worried about the wrap not being up to the blades standards lol. I'm really glad you guys are liking it!

Cris

"I'm thinking if I'd had some sort of black backdrop to reflect into it it would have helped."

I went to a fabric store and bought a couple of yards of black felt. It works well for a backdrop. The felt absorbs the light. -Art

"My sword and my shield are at your command"

Very Cool. It made me think of Biker Samurais or a Street Samurai Shadow Run.

Thanks Adlai!

You mean...something like the modern day 47 Ronin might carry if they were riding the streets of Tokyo on Suzuki Hayabusas??

=D

13828-2008-Suzuki-Hayabusa.jpg

Cris