Sign in to follow this  
F. Accawi

New work from Fuad Accawi

Hi All,

I just completed work on three new Durendal Models. Here are some photos see what you think. http://AcreMetalworks.com

Durendal Rex Light

100_1857.JPG

Durendal with Infinity Sheath

100_1867.JPG

100_1865.JPG

Standard Durendal

100_1849.JPG

The Durendal knife is a stock removal line that I make. They are made of 5160 steel. Blade is 5" with an overall length of 9&7/8 inches. They are not a production knife, I make them by hand.

Cheers,

Fuad

http://www.AcreMetalworks.com

Very clean. These communicate "precision."

I can see why you mention specifically that they are not production knives. Given the level of precise craftsmanship, the default assumption would be that these are machine ground.

Impressive work.

Cheers,

--Dave

Edited by Dave Stephens

You'd never guess that Fuad is a machinist, would you? :lol: These are solid, hefty little knives that give one the (correct) impression that they are nigh indestructible.

clean and functional, nice work.

When I handled some similar knives that Fuad made, I at first thought they were too heavy. The more I held it and the more I moved it around in my hand, the better it felt. Once you get over the shock so to speak of the heft, you realize that its actually very comfortable. Its rare to see a knife that has this kind of thickness and heft that cuts as good as Fuads do. They look great to boot. You wont be dissapointed if you were to buy one!

When I handled some similar knives that Fuad made, I at first thought they were too heavy. The more I held it and the more I moved it around in my hand, the better it felt. Once you get over the shock so to speak of the heft, you realize that its actually very comfortable. Its rare to see a knife that has this kind of thickness and heft that cuts as good as Fuads do. They look great to boot. You wont be dissapointed if you were to buy one!

Thanks Larry,

I didn't know about your blog. I've bookmarked it, and I'm going to be checking in on you. I don't remember seeing any of your work at the hammer-in. If you are planning to come to Bowie's again in the fall bring some with you. Looking forward to some chicken.

Cheers,

Fuad

You'd never guess that Fuad is a machinist, would you? :lol: These are solid, hefty little knives that give one the (correct) impression that they are nigh indestructible.

Hi Alan,

They are robust aren't they? What I wouldn't give for a well stocked job shop. You need to drop by my place when you're near Knoxburg again.

Cheers,

Fuad

Visit My Website

Fuad,

Those ar just plain spiffy! ~herb

Thank You very much Herb.

Cheers,

Fuad