Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Bondurant

Batson's 2009

The registration fee is for those who are planning to attend the seminars, take part in the activities or want to set up a place to sell stuff (you need to sign a release and get a name tag). If you want to come for the day and just visit, you are welcome to come ahead. I would suggesst that you come on Saturday. That is the day of the knife show (open to the public) and the auction. If you want to take part or attend the seminars, stop by the registration booth and explain that you can only stay for the day. I'm sure they will help you out. Look forward to seeing you there. I'll be all over the place helping out where I can.

Dale

Speaking of Dr. Batson, is there going to be an ABS Mid-America Hammer-in in Troy, OH this year? I had such a good time last year, but I don't see it on any calendars!

Unfortunately I'm dealing with a case of High Water, specifically the Pacific Ocean. The good news is I got a couple new projects in Asia, more on that later. Going to Batson's is something I have wanted to do since the first time I ever heard it. Planning to go and not getting to go this years completely sucks.

I sure hope somebody makes some videos there this year. It would be great if there was a professional video produced at such events and offered for sale. Maybe some historical society would be willing to put up the money for such a project. I cant help but think about such great events as this not being documented when something as silly as sports event will have 50 cameraman and 20 editors backed up by millions of dollars of equipment sealing even the worst game into history for all time.

There's been a guy there every year that makes videos to sell on DVD. I can get his contact info and post it here if you want.

Just a heads up for those coming to Batson. We've had a lot of rain for the last week, with more to come. It will be kind of muddy in places. They are forcasting the possability of some severe storms for Thursday afternoon and evening. Friday and Saturday are "Suposed" to be sunny and mild. A chance of thunder showers on Sunday. If you've been before, you know to come prepared for any kind of weather. It could be sunny and hot or cold as the dickens. Just come prepared to have a good time, but bring clothing for any condition. In other words "Welcome to Alabama in the Spring"!

Dale

YEA.... HERE IN MISSISSIPPI ALSO. I am glad to find out you can visit without paying the registration fee of such cost. I'm getting water logged over here in Meridian.

Scott

There's been a guy there every year that makes videos to sell on DVD. I can get his contact info and post it here if you want.

That would be fantastic!

I was informed today at work that my department is working Friday and Saturday so we can have a long weekend for Easter :( Sorry guys.

Hi Jimmy,

I am not going to be able to come down this year unfortunately. I will miss seeing you and catching up. Hi to everyone.

Don

The videos of the various demos and lectures should be edited and put out in 6-8 weeks and will be available through the Alabama Forge Council. Judd Clem, the secretary/treasurer is the point of contact to order the DVD's when they're ready. His contact info is on the AFC website: www.alaforge.org