Wrought iron anchor chain

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sweat. I found out yesterday was presidents day, so yesterdays list shipped this morning, and I am starting to prep the others now.

you have enough for 1 more box?

President - Georgia Knifemakers Guild

ABS Journeyman Smith

"Wisdom and experience are built of bricks made from the mud of failure." - Mike Blue

Got mine today too. Got here alot faster than I thought comming all the way from FL.

Unfortunatley, not everything made it in one piece. Aparently the post office got a little rough with the package and there was some damage inflicted... upon the sand bags :P . I found the box stuffed inside a couple plastic trash bags on the front porch, appearantly the postal service did not like that lovely sand getting all over their nice trucks :lol: . I'm sure they will have put your name and everyone who ordered from you on their blacklist ;) .

Anyway, links look great, cant wait to cut some up and try it out.

Thanks Jesse :D

Graham Fredeen

ABS Apprentice

Professional Knifemakers Association

~Fredeen Blades~

got a chunk cut today and forged out then made a san mai billet with 1084, triple normalized and annealing slowly now, did the wrought test its nice and

fibrous pics suck , maybe some else will post better pics, while forging i was wondering how old could this chain be?? any body got any ideas??

wrought_008__Small_.jpg

Today, I am becoming who I once dreamed to be.

www.cadillacforge.com

just cut mine into manageable chunks. the links are too big to fit in my forge width wise. so i cut one of the links into 1/2 rounds. really great stuff. cant wait to forge it tomorrow.

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill

Got mine yesterday. :)

These things are BEASTS Jesse! haha

I died laughing when I saw the box they came in, almost a complete crumbled up perfect round sphere by the time it arrived. I feel bad for the delivery guys who had to carry it.

I wanted to ask... How old are these chains??? any estimations if you don't know???

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness,

nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend"

J.R.R. Tolkien

www.CedarloreForge.com

My best guess is somewhere in the 1800s, but I don't really know.

The remaining boxes are packed up and will ship tomorrow. I tried to ship them today, but I guess the post office here in Woodville closes at 11:30 on mondays and wednsdays :rolleyes:

Thanks, everybody, and there's more where that came from!

Rósta að, maðr!

http://jfmetalsmith.com/

Oh the pain it brings me to know I have no money to afford any :(

Alba Ghu Bra

Brent LaCroix

Hello!! Do you have any left?? if so put me down for a box and where do I send the $$$

Thank you

JPH

If you wish to know the price of freedom..Visit a Veteran's Hospital...I am humbled by their sacrifice... 

Why is it when the Mighty Thor throws his hammer he is dispensing Justice and fighting Evil..BUT..when I throw my hammer I wind up in a mandatory 16 week anger management course??</p>

I came into this world naked, screaming and covered in someone else's blood...I have no problem going out the same way...

got my box, fabulous stuff, thanks

President - Georgia Knifemakers Guild

ABS Journeyman Smith

"Wisdom and experience are built of bricks made from the mud of failure." - Mike Blue

Mr. Frank:

Funds sent..anxiously awaiting the WI...hope it is finer grained than my old cemetary fencing I have..boy is that coarse...

When it gets here I have plans...oh yes I do....

THANK YOU

JPH

If you wish to know the price of freedom..Visit a Veteran's Hospital...I am humbled by their sacrifice... 

Why is it when the Mighty Thor throws his hammer he is dispensing Justice and fighting Evil..BUT..when I throw my hammer I wind up in a mandatory 16 week anger management course??</p>

I came into this world naked, screaming and covered in someone else's blood...I have no problem going out the same way...

I started working this stuff down the other day it works great, and has a very fine grain! if you havn't got some yet get it, i would order more if i had the cash....

~~DJ