Wrought iron anchor chain

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine today too. Got here alot faster than I thought comming all the way from FL.

Unfortunatley, not everything made it in one piece. Aparently the post office got a little rough with the package and there was some damage inflicted... upon the sand bags :P . I found the box stuffed inside a couple plastic trash bags on the front porch, appearantly the postal service did not like that lovely sand getting all over their nice trucks :lol: . I'm sure they will have put your name and everyone who ordered from you on their blacklist ;) .

Anyway, links look great, cant wait to cut some up and try it out.

Thanks Jesse :D

got a chunk cut today and forged out then made a san mai billet with 1084, triple normalized and annealing slowly now, did the wrought test its nice and

fibrous pics suck , maybe some else will post better pics, while forging i was wondering how old could this chain be?? any body got any ideas??

wrought_008__Small_.jpg

Got mine yesterday. :)

These things are BEASTS Jesse! haha

I died laughing when I saw the box they came in, almost a complete crumbled up perfect round sphere by the time it arrived. I feel bad for the delivery guys who had to carry it.

I wanted to ask... How old are these chains??? any estimations if you don't know???

My best guess is somewhere in the 1800s, but I don't really know.

The remaining boxes are packed up and will ship tomorrow. I tried to ship them today, but I guess the post office here in Woodville closes at 11:30 on mondays and wednsdays :rolleyes:

Thanks, everybody, and there's more where that came from!

Oh the pain it brings me to know I have no money to afford any :(

Hello!! Do you have any left?? if so put me down for a box and where do I send the $$$

Thank you

JPH

Mr. Frank:

Funds sent..anxiously awaiting the WI...hope it is finer grained than my old cemetary fencing I have..boy is that coarse...

When it gets here I have plans...oh yes I do....

THANK YOU

JPH

I started working this stuff down the other day it works great, and has a very fine grain! if you havn't got some yet get it, i would order more if i had the cash....

~~DJ