Sign in to follow this  
ETX Chartaine

Off season work

Hey all -

I just have a couple of photos to post from some knives I have started.

They are both made out of some 1080 we had laying around. I have made these for a couple of friends of mine, and want some opinions. I am relatively new to making knives. These two being only my third and fourth to reach this stage of completion.

Criticisms welcome!

Allen_1.JPG

scott1.JPG

Scott2.JPG

Edited by ETX Chartaine

I like the one on the middle picture best. I'd round out those corners where the tang meets the blade some, just to be on the safe side.

Is the point round on that last one, or is that a trick of the light?

Is the point round on that last one, or is that a trick of the light?

Trick of the light.

Its kinda a small chip tip bowie style ... but MUCH thinner. Will try to post some more pictures.

Yeah, I am about to work the tangs and get them ready for a handle. For the second knife, I got a antler handle with steel guard. Thinking brass and osage orange/walnut for the first one.

Thanks for looking.

Hey ETX good looking blade. Please resize your pics your eating a ton of Don's server space.

Sorry about the picture size. I didnt realize I hadn't uploaded the smaller files.

Pretty bad for a part time web manager and photo editor not to use the right files, huh? New files added!

Thanks for looking!

Oh yeah, #1 with some bow-dark and brass, that'd do it fer me! I am working on a Texas-legal Bowie that is waiting for some good 'ol bow-dark...and my brother to do the woodwerks...

Thanks,

Brian K.