Sign in to follow this  
B Finnigan

Mini Bowie

This is a mini bowie "build along" I did over on Primal Fires. It's forged from 9260 and the only power tool used was a drill press. I used EDM stones to finish it to 600 grit. The guard and bolster are darkened brass and the handle was peened onto the tang.

The knife will be donated to my daughter's school fund raising auction in March. It will have a different display stand then this one.

bowieforging100.jpg

Primal fires link to the forging and assembly video and photos.

http://primalfires.yuku.com/topic/3614

I like.

Thanks, I shot allot of video and took many pictures of the entire process from start to finish. Just wanted to show that you don't need a bunch of expensive machinery to make a knife. Just time and patience.

I just spent the past hour and a half going through the videos, pictures and tutorial. That was amazing. It might be the most complete step-by-step how-to I've seen on this subject. It's very much appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback. Ray the blade is 5" and the handle is is 5". It was a demo knife so I wanted to be able to cook right along with the finishing.

For me, your knives always seem to put me back in time. They all have the same bold character to them I feel like the old ones do, almost a soul of thier own. Love it.