Jesus Hernandez

Introducing F.L.O.

Thanks for showing the great work Jesus.

Take care, Craig

Thank you for explaining your motivation as well. that is an incredible blade, so complicated.

Chris, part of my intention in making this blade was to take it for a cutting test to see how it handled. In my last trip to Spain, I visited a museum and was allowed to hold a 2500 year-old falcata. The proportions of that blade were bigger than this one but I was amazed by how light it felt in the hand despite the awkward shape. When I tried mine on straw mats and it simply flew through the targets. The blade is capable of quick turns and fast cuts despite its heft.

Jesus,

Quite a triumph. Raising the bar as always. I need to go check my blood pressure. ~Herb

Wow!

Now that´s something completely different... the shape, the flow of the lines, the carving, it´s most striking.

But that hamon, I can´t help but to think you gained almost absolute control over that ever elusive fellow there.

Would you mind giving some more insight as to how you created it?

I know that there is almost no connection to what kind of clay one uses, it can be fireclay or traditional mixture without altering the result too much. I wondered if the key is finding the right temperature in combination to the the steel and quench medium.

Did you have to experiment with that special steel you used?

I wouldn´t mind you telling me to find it out by myself since I´m sure you´ve worked a fair bit to get to that stage, but then again theoretic knowledge is not the art, doing makes it happen and what you did there is amazing!

Thanks for showing.

Regards,

Christoph.

WOW! WOW! and WOW! I know it's already be said. But Damn! :D

Very nice Sir! The hamon is very sriking. great carving..

As other have said, I can see influences from all over the world. Yeah I bet it cuts real nice!

Any info you could give us about clay, and quenchant/temps,or pics of the process would be great.:)

Must be something in the air, cuz I'm working on a falcata as we speak.I hope it turns out half as nice as yours. ;)

Thanks for sharing

stick

Would you mind giving some more insight as to how you created it?

I wondered if the key is finding the right temperature in combination to the the steel and quench medium.

You answered your own question. The clay is a mix of fireclay and charcoal. The steel is W2. The quenchant is water. The rest is trial and error. In other words, practice.

Thanks again every one for your comments.

Hermoso trabajo Jesús en todo el conjunto pero tus hammon me siguen sacando suspiros!!!

La costura está muy bien te felicito.

Un abrazo

Horacio

Jesus I have quietly admired your work for some time now. I am thoroughly impressed with your artistic and forging abilities. That is a beautiful sword and it inspires me greatly. I do have one question for you though. Did you heat treat it in the T-Rex burner water heater heat treating forge that you built. I am still deciding on electric vs gas for my heat treating unit. If you can achieve these results with what you have then I will be making a quick trip to my buddy's house to get his old water heater to make one for myself. Thanks ahead of time for any response. You truly are great at what you do sir.

William

Jesus,

That is one of the most beautiful and inspiring blades I have seen!!!! I love the curve of the blade and the scabbard is astonishing as well!!! Words really can't convey what I think about your blades.

What are the measurement on it? And what type of steel is it? I don't think I saw that info yet, although I could have missed it.

Racca

OUTSTANDING! I too am without words to express how beautiful this is.

Shawn

Did you heat treat it in the T-Rex burner water heater heat treating forge that you built.

Yes. I used my faithful water heater forge.

What are the measurement on it? And what type of steel is it?

Steel is W2. The sword is a bit over 20 inches long and the handle adds 6-7 inches to the length.

Jesus

You have raised the bar with this one. I love the falcata style blades always have. And this just cements it for me.

Jesus,

yeah what all the rest have said..... M... M... M.... that is tasty..... a nice note to start my day on ........ thanks ..

Dick

Awesome blade, Jesus!

I love the way you braided the leather in the sheath. Any chance on a tutorial? =D

Fantastic work, Jesus! Wowowow! It's a busy piece but there's lovely craftsmanship on all the details. I really like what you've done with the scabbard and the imaginative carving of the handle.

How'd you do your fullers? the rounded terminus on the them are vey clean. Fine work, sir! :)

I used a scrapper for the rough carving of the fullers. Then a round EDM stone for foundation polishing and finally I made a hardwood dowel that fit the size of the fuller and wrapped sanding paper around it.

I think I can officially say that's the coolest thing you've done yet!

Holy Cow! I've just come across this. Wow! that is very cool.

My hat is off to you sir!