Sign in to follow this  
John Martin

New Forge

Well, my two burner diamondback bladesmith forge came in today, I love it and I haven't even fired it yet, need to buy tape for the threads still, but anyhow here are pictures...

I also bought the idler valve, should fire it up by the end of this week, will get pictures for sure. next to do is make my stand for it, but for now, i have a temp stand out in the shop "area"

CIMG0516.JPG

CIMG0517.JPG

CIMG0518.JPG

Edited by John Martin

Definitely more tech then mine is. Gratz on the new forge and I can't wait to see the blades that come out of it.

Racca

Congrats on the Diamondback, I've got one of the triple burner forges from them. If you can, I recommend coating the inside with ITC100. It helps raise the efficency of it quite a bit. I also upgraded mine to twin t-Rex burners. With the coating and twin burners it got hotter, did it faster, and consumed less fuel. The triple burners gobbeled down propane like a beaver on crack.

FYI I just ordered a new chileforge for normal work. It's not on their website yet, it's a single burner version of the cayenne. I'll post some pics when I get it. Stacy from ChileForge said it can run for a full 8 hrs at welding heat off a #20lb tank.

Sorry about the poor pictures it hotter and brighter than it looks and deeper in color, bad camera, but here are pics of it. These are all taking in the first three minutes of lighting it, running at 3psi. The piece of metal isn't a dull red, but a bright orange, almost yellow, bad camera.

CIMG0519.JPG

CIMG0524.JPG

CIMG0525.JPG

CIMG0526.JPG

CIMG0527.JPG