Finally finished with my shop.

Jim P

I got my final inspection on my shop today. With only one little thing to fix, and she said to call her when I do it and she'll sign it off without coming back.

See I struck with my wife, we can sell our shoebox in the city and get a bigger manufactured home somewhere cheaper, so the kids won't drive you mad. But........I get a shop. Something bigger than the shed. Something I can actually work in. It took a while. Not working on it for several months at a time didn't help any. (yeah, I need to join the procrastinators club we have here) But it's done and it's paid for. And it's all mine!

I have a huge to do list. I don't know what to work on next. I think clean and going to the dump.

Oh yeah, it's 24'X24', has 10' walls, 220v electricity, soon wood heat I hope. One thing I had to do was put in garage doors, my wife made me, in case we have to sell it. Technically it's a garage, but with doors that don't open.

Congratulations on getting it finished. I myself am in the middle of getting a shop set up. I have my anvil, 100 lb. propane tank(empty), a few tools, and my steel all sitting in my front room. My 12' X 16' portable shed will be delivered on Monday. Then I have to add breakers to my box and run the 220 and 110 wire out to the shop. I have been trying to figure out what to do about the floor. I could lay down ceramic tile, but I am not partial to ceramic tile. I would prefer some kind of concrete fiber board or something. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. I imagine that it is a great feeling to finally get your shop up and going. Again I congratulate you.

William

Will

I don't think the fiber board would hold up too well, unless I'm thinking about the wrong product. If you can't pour a slab for your shop, maybe packed gravel would do the trick. Consider looking up 'subpanel' for your electrical. Maybe you only need to run one 220 line out to your shop, and then have a little breaker box for just your shop.

Good luck with the new shop, Craig