Robert Mayo

Howling Wolf

I finaly got around to forging out a disc from some Don's small W2 it's only 1 3/4". :lol:

The blade is quenched in Houghton quench k and clay coated, after polishing it up i think that quench k has some nice

hamon potential even though the hamon did not follow my clay very well i'm sure that has more to do with not having full control of my temps.

More time will tell.

The blade is 4" to the wrought iron guard and the o.a.l. is 8 5/8.

Handle materials are stabilzed walnut burl with bronze spacer and a carved piece of white tail antler that i bought already carved

i dyed and home stabilized the antler.

Bob

WolfKnife1.jpg

WolfKnife3.jpg

WolfKnife2.jpg

Hey Bob

thats what i'm talking about... woo woo..... nice work all around.. !

blade is sweet

Bob,

Very nice jog marrying up the wolf head to the knife handle. Really like your blade shape. Wade

Thanks guys i have not been making many knives. Work keeps me busy but now

it's warming up and the days are longer.

Bob

Very cool, almost impressionist - I like the just-right amount of detail. Very expressive!

That is really stunning, I would love something like that on a Seax, but you're right, the whole blade really seems to flow out of or into the carving, can't really tell which. Good job making it all flow!

nice one Bob..... I clicked on this when I saw "Howling wolf" ....one of my favorite bluesmen.... did I miss a wolf motif or is it a name you liked.... Yes it's nice the days are getting longer....

dick

never mind I went back and saw the wolf..... COOL.....

Edited by richard sexstone

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Dick

He sure was one of the greatest bluesmen B) we just watched a movie the other night called Cadilac Records it was about how Muddy waters and Howling Wolf got there start it was a great movie for blues lovers and i highly recomend it. :D

Bob

nice one Bob..... I clicked on this when I saw "Howling wolf" ....one of my favorite bluesmen.... did I miss a wolf motif or is it a name you liked.... Yes it's nice the days are getting longer....

dick

never mind I went back and saw the wolf..... COOL.....

very nice knife. there have been alot of beautiful carved handles lately.Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words Neil.

Bob

Bob,

thanks for the Cadilac tip.... I'll check it out .... and here's one back at you.... If you like the blues.... and have broadband check out

Mojo Radio WZLX 100.7 HD2 radio streaming from Boston, Mass.... 24/7 steaming .NO commercials and No dejay..... Just like goin home...

Dick

Bob,

thanks for the Cadilac tip.... I'll check it out .... and here's one back at you.... If you like the blues.... and have broadband check out

Mojo Radio WZLX 100.7 HD2 radio streaming from Boston, Mass.... 24/7 steaming .NO commercials and No dejay..... Just like goin home...

Dick

Sounds good Dick but no broadband here but they keep saying it's coming i saved the link anyway thanks .

Bob