my first seax

Jziegenbein

runic never hurts, i'm going to be putting the purpose of the blade on an inscription on the inside of the handle on mine. something like "to overcome obsticles" for a camp knife haha

i only need 3 things to be happy: my girlfriend, my forge, and fruit juice.

Casey W Daniel

tree of life eh, that one will be fun...took me a few hrs to tool it into a sheath a while back, looks sweet when done tho

Gnáthamh na hoibre an t-eólas

(Knowledge comes through practice)

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through the forging fire, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion. - Morihei Ueshiba

my site: http://lfcforgeworks.webs.com/

it took me half an hour just to draw it. odds are i'll cheat and use the dremel.... maybe

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill

• 6 months later...

ok, finished this one. opted not to carve anything into it, as just fileworking the guard and pommel took a really long time. and i was having trouble with the handle.

blade is 15" overall 20"

guard and pommel are wrought iron, fileworked and deeply etched

blade is made from a large file, almost all of the teeth ground off

handle is crotchwood walnut with buffalo horn spacers

the tang is peined over the pommel, but i put in 2 pins just to be safe.

this knife/sword cuts really well, and fits my hand well.

sorry about the phone picture, ill post some better ones once i find my camera :ph34r:

downsize.jpg

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill

I like it I like it.

My life is like shaving with a razor sharp machete. It's a bit awkward and I feel a sting every now and then, but in the end I'm happy with the results.

That first pic looks like you're holding yellow-hot steel bare handed , made do a double take & then some !

I like the blade shape ,

Ken Burbank

oh i am. I'm just that good... :ph34r:

thanks for the compliments guys! it means alot. its been cloudy, and i've found my camera, so once theres some sun and free time, ill get those better pics up i promise.

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

-Sir Winston Churchill

here's some better pictures for yall, (relatively speaking that is) sorry about the wait.

100_2945.jpg

100_2947.jpg

100_2950.jpg

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

-Sir Winston Churchill

Wow good job! what are the handle materials? I'm gonna need to try me one o' these.

“Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”

thanks guys!

the handle's fancy walnut with buffalo spacers and wrought iron fittings.

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

-Sir Winston Churchill

• 4 weeks later...