Scott Mack

fighter

Finished this one recently, W2 (from Don Hanson) 10" blade 1018 & copper fittings, black & white ebony.  Scott

fighter_021.jpg

fighter_020.jpg

fighter_027.jpg

fighter_029.jpg

Very aggressive looking knife, the striped ebony goes well with that amazing hamon.

Well done!

That knife makes me want to dance. It sings.

Het Scott

Nice hamon!! with utsuri and everything. So what's your secret?

Matt V

beautiful.

Scott,

Beautiful blade and a really nice flow with this knife. Everything speaks for itself. Nice work. Wade

Very nice!

This is sooo sick. I love the hamon work. Excellent man!

very nice you get beautiful hamons with W2. Very aggressive looking. Thank-you for sharing.

I think the blade is wonderful.

I'm going to say something that may not be well received...I'm no expert knife maker...but I have an artistic eye and an opinion from that perspective...and it's only one person's way of looking at it but....

To my eye the handle wood selection is "fighting' with the blade, which is without doubt the "star" of this show. I believe a more subdued, monotone material would have worked much better from a purely aesthetic view, and that awesome wood would have been better on a non-hamon blade so it could shine on its own.

From a technical perspective its obviously way beyond my talents and my hat's off to your skills, and as you see above there's plenty who think I'm all wet...so don't put too much stock in what I say.

Masterful workmanship! From the spacers to the butt cap and well of course the BLADE! That piece has it goin on!

Beautiful.

JC - I quenched in Parks #50, Matt - I think it's more luck than skill + some good instruction from Don Fogg and this forum, Ray - I see your point and will look at it for the next one. Thanks to all! Scott

i see Rays point about the visual combat between handle and blade. However I think that if your handle were a solid color it wouldnt work for me because there is so much going on with the blade. I think the two actually have a visual equilibrium as is.

I really like this fighter, I especially like that cap piece on the bottom. Excellent work!

Wow!! That is stunning! How did you make the butt cap?