Martin Bug Knife(russian long horned beetle)

Didn't get time to get this up on the forum before the Badger show, its patterned after the Russian Long Horned Beetle.

The blade and head are mosaic damascus, eyes are tangerine garnet set in 14k gold, top body is fossil walrus ivory, bottum body is mammoth ivory, liners are titanium, spacer is damascus, 14 saphires are placed inside and out in 14k gold and the stand is also 14k gold. The blade rides on 64 1mm ball bearing around the pivot joint and its smooth as silk and locks up like a vault. I think it turned out pretty cool, let me know what you think.

Peter

long_horned_beetle_forum_800.jpg

it looked even better when I saw it at the show, very exceptional job peter

MINDBLOWING AS USUAL! I always like to look at your bug knives, creative genious if you ask me! B)

This is nuts!!! Another example of the limitless possibilties of craftsmanship and design.

Joe

I too like seeing your bug knives, they're just too darned cool! And each one is better than the previous ones. Ball bearings in the pivot? :huh: That's just sick. :lol:

Thanks guys, these buggers(no pun <_< intended)are a pain to make but the results are always worth it. They keep me from getting bored and the search for the next one never ends.

Peter

amazing work.

Didn't get time to get this up on the forum before the Badger show, its patterned after the Russian Long Horned Beetle.

The blade and head are mosaic damascus, eyes are tangerine garnet set in 14k gold, top body is fossil walrus ivory, bottum body is mammoth ivory, liners are titanium, spacer is damascus, 14 saphires are placed inside and out in 14k gold and the stand is also 14k gold. The blade rides on 64 1mm ball bearing around the pivot joint and its smooth as silk and locks up like a vault. I think it turned out pretty cool, let me know what you think.

Peter

Peter - That is an example of creativity and skill beyond my comprehension.