panther knife

jdsmith02115

An outstanding artisan, Joseph Shnayder and I had the chance to meet and design a dagger project together. There will be many more to come.

The Panther Knife is our first effort. 22k rubies, 17k diamonds, 50g. gold 7oz. silver, african blackwood, 12.5" six bar composite damascus blade.

SmithJD_090407A_ww.jpg

P1170012.JPG

P1170013.JPG

SmithJD_090407B_ww.jpg

SmithJD_090407C_ww.jpg

An outstanding artisan, Joseph Shnayder and I had the chance to meet and design a dagger project together. There will be many more to come.

The Panther Knife is our first effort. 22k rubies, 17k diamonds, 50g. gold 7oz. silver, african blackwood, 12.5" six bar composite damascus blade.

Well, That's a knife worthy of Royalty! Very elegant.

Tony G

Holy Moses!

- the Student

not your every day carry but... it'll do.. !

Man... that is some work ! WOW

with a knife like that in the house...its time to upgrade your security system... sheesh.... go for the lasers and poison gas... ;)

all teasin aside........ that is cool... are you entering it in a competition..?

Greg

I hope as many people see this piece as possible, I think it would change a lot of people's views about knives and what complete works of art they can be. No matter who you are, you're gonna take a second look at this, or just sit for hours in amazement pouring over every detail like I did! ;)

:blink: I'm pretty sure this is the coolest thing i've seen on the internet, EVER!! (O)_(O) AMAZING!! I would consider it a supreme priveldge just to be stabbed by such a beautiful knife :lol:

Will you post a tutorial for how you went about construction. What a profound blade!!

JD --

That is museum quality work. Thank you for sharing it.

A print out of that is going up on my shop wall for inspiration.

Cheers,

Dave

-----------------------------------------------

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly." -- Theodore Roosevelt

http://stephensforge.com

What David Stephens said, but holy cow that's inspirational. While I love the panther head and blade etc I tell you what that guard takes the cake, that is the sexiest guard I have ever laid my eyes on.

WOW. The shape of it really compliments the blade.

Chris

Chris Williams

How it was built;

First the waxes for the guard and cat were carved.

Those elements were cast in sterling silver then "cleaned"to vcorrect any surface porocity. The silver was then relieved with files to generate the basic contours.

The 2.5 karat natural rubies were "dummy fitted"and the upper dentition placed.

All parts were assembled.

details of guard and cat engraved and stones set.

Pedastal built and fitted to knife.

DSC00291_1.jpg

DSC00320_1.jpg

DSC00322_1.jpg

DSC02960.JPG

DSC02966.JPG

DSC02967.JPG

P3110001.jpg

Y'ALL---BOTHUS of you got a double slam dunk on this one.

It puts you in mind of the one BUSTER/JULIE WARENSKI made for the ARABS.

WOW!!

chuck

P.S.--Bet it ends under the sash of an Arabian Prince for enough dinero to buy three nice trucks.

Hope y'all ring a bell.

Edited by sandpile

wow.

simply wow.

this is a piece of art, and a shining example of the craft. the fine craftsmenship and the variety of skills which went into the creation of this blade are mind boggling. I truly hope who ever's hands it end up in has a great appreciation for its complexity.

What David Stephens said, but holy cow that's inspirational. While I love the panther head and blade etc I tell you what that guard takes the cake, that is the sexiest guard I have ever laid my eyes on.

WOW. The shape of it really compliments the blade.

Chris

Folks, let me say that the response to this piece has been incredible; we thank you! About Joseph Shnayder; formerly of Russia, he attended the prestigious Viktor Danzig school of design in Moscow, the very same facility where the artisans who created the Faberge' eggs developed their talents. Joseph has been literally itching to throw himself into projects like this. He's a unique talent and a great partner. These special pieces will be offered as they are completed under the name; Amerruss Blade Art. I will continue to build my own sole authorship works in the meantime.

Give ya a hundred bucks for it. :P

Just kidding, I cannot begin to imagine what that would cost! Just the value in the metals/gems has got to be huge!

This has got to be one of the most beautiful blades I have ever seen before, from the gorgeous pattern to the beautiful craftsmanship that has gone into the furniture... Even without the gems, this blade would rank way up there. A++ work brother!

P.S. FYI I posted the pics & quote from the first post over at the Canadian AirGun Forum in their "Bar & Grill" (Off topic discussion) so (since I blieve I am the only member of CAF on these boards) they could marvel at the beauty as well. I linked this thread & gave full credit to the craftsman.

Edited by jaythedogg

Folks, let me say that the response to this piece has been incredible; we thank you! About Joseph Shnayder; formerly of Russia, he attended the prestigious Viktor Danzig school of design in Moscow, the very same facility where the artisans who created the Faberge' eggs developed their talents. Joseph has been literally itching to throw himself into projects like this. He's a unique talent and a great partner. These special pieces will be offered as they are completed under the name; Amerruss Blade Art. I will continue to build my own sole authorship works in the meantime.

Mr. Shnayder has just let me know that The Viktor Danzig design institute was staffed by artisans that had worked on the Faberge' eggs.

Was a beading tool used to form the "dots" "bubbles" whatever you call them that are in the silver along the border ?

This is a tour de force of craftmanship.... thanks for showing

Dick